Moving Celtic Fans to the Away Section

1 hour ago, boabie said:

There may be less manks in the stadium but they will be in a different section with Rangers fans very nearby. Far more police will be required INSIDE that part of the stadium.

Policing Hivs and Sheep can in no way be compared to policing Rangers v Celtic. The division between the fans will be wider.

I take your point about ticket costs being raised and that would certainly service the shortfall.

Police advice is essential and important and, now that their staff come under H & S rules I just don't see them wearing the risk unless police numbers are dramatically increased - something the clubs baulked at several years ago.

Personally I'd just ban the bastards altogether. 

Ajax and Feynoord have done that. They only get tickets for their home games. Their were a lot of complaints at the start but i hear nothing about it anymore.

4 hours ago, boabie said:

There may be less manks in the stadium but they will be in a different section with Rangers fans very nearby. Far more police will be required INSIDE that part of the stadium.

Policing Hivs and Sheep can in no way be compared to policing Rangers v Celtic. The division between the fans will be wider.

I take your point about ticket costs being raised and that would certainly service the shortfall.

Police advice is essential and important and, now that their staff come under H & S rules I just don't see them wearing the risk unless police numbers are dramatically increased - something the clubs baulked at several years ago.

Personally I'd just ban the bastards altogether. 

I agree best solution all round.

13 hours ago, pete said:

Ajax and Feynoord have done that. They only get tickets for their home games. Their were a lot of complaints at the start but i hear nothing about it anymore.

Any idea what the atmosphere is like at those games now?  My view earlier was that it would really affect the atmosphere so it would be interesting to see if this is the case or not.  I just can't imagine it being as entertaining without a stand full of them to 'banter' with, but if the atmosphere was as good (albeit different), and we were happy to stop travelling to their ground too, it might be a good idea to stop away fans at these games.  I just can't see that happening though.

23 minutes ago, Unicorn said:

I was at the game in 94 when they were banned and the atmosphere was pretty flat, to be honest.

There’s only so many times you can sing ‘Can We hear the Celtic sing?’.

I remember that one too.  One of the saleable assets our league has is this rivalry and the atmosphere.  I fear we would lose that attraction if they are not at Ibrox and making some noise too.  But I'll be honest and say that I particularly enjoy it when we score and you turn round to see them sitting there absolutely foaming at the mouth.  Right at that moment, I don't care about anything they've chanted or sung ..... it's all worth it.

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

The petition is to put them in the corner, not ban them.  

Very true.  Sorry we got side-tracked there for a bit.

In my opinion though, it's just a pity we can't have 50,000 of them there to witness live the turning of the tide, but I'm glad it's a home match for us and the team will have the backing of our fans.  I'm absolutely buzzing for this game.