Moving Celtic Fans to the Away Section

You'd prefer a whole stand of Tims singing about the Provos to the Broomie being full of Bears supporting our team.  That's just odd.  

Stick them in the corner, like all the rest.  Or there's some fields in Athenry... they could set up a big screen there for them.  

2 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

You'd prefer a whole stand of Tims singing about the Provos to the Broomie being full of Bears supporting our team.  That's just odd.  

Stick them in the corner, like all the rest.  Or there's some fields in Athenry... they could set up a big screen there for them.  

I think it's odd that you want to give them a small section for an old firm game, when it adds to the atmosphere.  But we all have our own opinions, and as I said, I'd be very unhappy at having to give up my seat if I sat in the Broomloan.  I've also admitted that it's a selfish opinion but it's still how I feel.

I know it would affect the ticket allocation at Parkhead but it's time to give Celtic the same allocation as everyone else. If the NW corner is safe for other clubs then it's safe and practical for Celtic fans.

Only been at piggery twice once for our cup game(final) and other time to see my old class mate Danny McGrain,along with many others from Kingsridge Secondary School, make his senior league debut.

In my opinion there's a very simple reason why this one is a non starter - our board would see a drop in income from those matches.

Stick the manks in a corner and there will be lines 4 or 5 deep of empty seats between opposing fans. The cost of extra police inside the ground would also have to be met by the club.

I'd prefer them there but for those reasons don't think it will happen.

30 minutes ago, boabie said:

In my opinion there's a very simple reason why this one is a non starter - our board would see a drop in income from those matches.

Stick the manks in a corner and there will be lines 4 or 5 deep of empty seats between opposing fans. The cost of extra police inside the ground would also have to be met by the club.

I'd prefer them there but for those reasons don't think it will happen.

Boabie there will be less police costs, 7500 against 1,000 fans, surely that could half the police presence?

The Broomloan will be filled by Bears paying the extra cost for that ticket, currently an extra fifty quid, so on tickets sales and revenue there won´t be any financial loss.  if they can police the Hivs and the Sheep they can police the scum.  They are always seats given over to being a seperation between fans, they do it even against the smaller teams who bring about fifty fans, so nothing new or needed changed there. 

Edited by aweebluesoandso

5 hours ago, aweebluesoandso said:

Boabie there will be less police costs, 7500 against 1,000 fans, surely that could half the police presence?

The Broomloan will be filled by Bears paying the extra cost for that ticket, currently an extra fifty quid, so on tickets sales and revenue there won´t be any financial loss.  if they can police the Hivs and the Sheep they can police the scum.  They are always seats given over to being a seperation between fans, they do it even against the smaller teams who bring about fifty fans, so nothing new or needed changed there. 

There may be less manks in the stadium but they will be in a different section with Rangers fans very nearby. Far more police will be required INSIDE that part of the stadium.

Policing Hivs and Sheep can in no way be compared to policing Rangers v Celtic. The division between the fans will be wider.

I take your point about ticket costs being raised and that would certainly service the shortfall.

Police advice is essential and important and, now that their staff come under H & S rules I just don't see them wearing the risk unless police numbers are dramatically increased - something the clubs baulked at several years ago.

Personally I'd just ban the bastards altogether.