Brendan Rodgers should quit now before Rangers topple them off the top of the table

TIME UP

Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers should quit now before Rangers topple them off the top of the table says talkSPORT pundit Adrian Durham

The Hoops crashed out of the Europa League last night, which prompted Durham to take a swipe at the Northern Irishman.

BRENDAN RODGERS should quit Parkhead while his side are top of the table.

That’s the view of talkSPORT pundit Adrian Durham, who hit out at Celtic after they crashed out of the Europa League against Zenit St Petersburg last night.

Durham says Rodgers should leave his position as Hoops boss while his team are top of the table as he reckons Rangers are on their way to becoming a force again.

Speaking on his Drivetime show Durham said: “I’m looking at it thinking this is the second season for Brendan Rodgers – he can’t do any better, he can’t do any more.

“The problem with the third year is that he’s not really going to do anything that he’s not done before. He’s been unbeaten and I can’t see them going any further in Europe.

“So all he has to focus on is whether they can improve and do better. I can’t see that.

“He must be looking over his shoulder. I think that Hearts game will have shocked him because Hearts absolutely rinsed Celtic that day and I know it doesn’t happen regularly but he must have been shocked by it.

“I think he has to get out before Rangers overtake them. He has to think I don’t want this to be on my watch. I don’t want Rangers to catch up with Celtic on my watch. I don’t want that on my CV’.

“And I think there’s a real possibility of that next season.

“It looks like Rangers have got their house in order and are starting to go places.”

Celtic are currently top of the Scottish Premiership and lead second placed Rangers by nine points.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2274675/celtic-brendan-rodgers-rangers-topple-talksport-pundit-adrian-durham/

Durham is a complete windup merchant but it is funny.  I hope this prompts questions to Brenda from the media.  We've said on here that neither he nor his players have been put under any pressure for years so it would be interesting (not to mention entertaining for us) if he started to come under pressure from the media as well as us on the pitch.

I still don't see us being strong enough for the title next season but there's no doubt we are getting stronger.  But who cares and the media never lets the facts or reality stand in the way of a good windup.  It sells papers afterall.  I'm sure we will begin to see proof that the media isn't really biased towards Celtic at all, or anti Rangers.  As I've said before, they are however lazy and useless so they'll just go for the weakest targets and make up stuff about them.  It may be Rodgers' time to feel some of that now.  Hope so.