51 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Thought I would create a thread on Ryan Hardie, starting with some of his goals/highlights, hope admin are ok with this!.

Is there a reason we should not be okay with it Ian. It is a Rangers player. As long as the video sources don't turn into  another sort of Ryan Hard ie.:eek2:

13 minutes ago, pete said:

Is there a reason we should not be okay with it Ian. It is a Rangers player. As long as the video sources don't turn into  another sort of Ryan Hard ie.:eek2:

No idea why I said that:D.

It is difficult to find recent videos of Hardie, none of us have seen that much of him, but if Morelos goes then we should be looking to recall him and give him some game time.

I managed to find in the EPL that you can recall a player after 4 weeks. I don't know if that is the same in the SPFL.

I also learned you can loan 2 players to one lower league team but only 1 to a SPFL team.

Livingston 4 St Mirren 1: On-loan Rangers star Ryan Hardie fires Livi to huge win over the Buddies

Jack Ross insisted Barnsley's attempt to bring him in as manager during the week did not distract his St Mirren players ahead of the weekend's game

JUBLIANT Livi fans chanted ‘We’re staying up’ as the Lions crushed leaders St Mirren in this top of the table clash.

A double from on-loan Rangers starlet Ryan Hardie plus two more from Lee Miller and Scott Robinson gave Livi one of the shock results of the season.

Proud manager David Hopkin said: “I felt our back three were magnificent again.

“They gave me everything and our front two caused St Mirren’s defence problems all day.

“You can see today that Ryan Hardie is a goal scorer. I have been trying to get him for two years and today I thought he was exceptional.

“For the squad to come into the Championship and play like this is a great credit to them. We never really thought about relegation.”

Strangely enough at the start Livingston didn’t seem ready for he fixture, either on or off the pitch

Hundreds of Saints fans were still trying to get into the stadium when their side swept into the lead after only two minutes.

It was a climax to an all-out barrage on Livi’s goal with Morgan and Smith firing shots at keeper Neil Alexander before Buddies new boy Ryan Flynn made his effort count by smashing the ball in the net.

Incredibly, just when they seemed to be heading down easy street, that was Saints’ only moment of joy in an breathtaking first-half.

It all started to go wrong for the Paisley side in nine minutes when central defender Jack Baird and keeper Craig Samson got into a dreadful tangle trying to deal with a harmless looking through ball.

Neither were successful and on a pitch that cut up, Hardie nipped in to snatch the equaliser.

It was even better for Livi six minutes later.

This time Saints’ rearguard were caught out by an Alan Lithgow throw-in which wasn’t properly cleared, and Hardie volleyed in a shot.

But Livi had a let-off in 17 minutes when ref Alan Muir let Rafa De Vita escape a challenge which looked a stonewall penalty for.

Yet the home side hadn’t finished, with a third goal in 22 minutes, so well worked from a Nicky Cadden free-kick knocked on by De Vita and superbly finished by veteran Lee Miller.

They nearly added another right after the restart.

Only a superb save by keeper Samson stopped a fourth for Miller, as the veteran’s strength yet again posed problems which Saints defenders couldn’t sort out.

Saints were repeatedly reshuffled.

That lead to another reshuffle with Flynn going off and Gary Mackenzie taking over in defence and the line-up was reshuffled.

Former Livi players Danny Mullen and Myles Hippolye were thrown on in attempt to make a come-back.

But relentless Livi always looked far more likely to add to their tally.

A throw-out from Alexander was swept on by Scott Pittman into the path of Hardie who clipped the cross-bar and then Cadden hit the side net.

Saints were given a ray of hope with a goal-bound shot by Hippolyte cleared off the line by Pittman, but Livi added a fourth in added time.

A defensive blunder from Liam Smith led to Robinson chipping into an empty net.

Saints gaffer Jack Ross admitted: “I didn’t expect that performance in terms after our recent results, we hadn’t lost a league game since the beginning of December.

“It’s sore and it’s disappointing but we lost to the better team today.”

Ross, linked with a move to Barnsley last week, denied the speculation about his future had affected his players.

He added: “Nothing changed in terms of our preparation my workload or my presence and I don’t think my players would want to use that as an excuse.”

The Verdict

LIVINGSTON – Alexander 6, Lithgow 7, Halkett 7, Gallagher 7, Byrne 6, Robinson 6, Pittman 6, De Vita 6 (McMillan 3), Cadden 7 (Longridge 3), Miller 7, Hardie 7 (Boyd 2)

ST MIRREN – Samson 5, Liam Smith 5, Baird 5, Davis 5, Eckersley 6, McGinn 6, Magennis 5, Flynn 6 (Mackenzie 4), Cammy Smith 5 (Hippolyte 3), Morgan 6, Reilly6 (Mullen 3)

Ref: Alan Muir 5

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2245475/livingston-4-st-mirren-1-ryan-hardie/

Hardie is sure on of those chaps who fall into the "we'll never know" category, as for one reason or another, no Rangers manager gave him an extended run in our first team. And if you see who was preferred instead (and constantly failed) at times, it makes you wonder even more. I would assume the main problem for him as for Herrera now is that the last three managers (incl. Murty) preferred the one-up-to system ... which sure did not help them nor us.