Banking facility

5 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Is it common that details of such agreements are being accessible by the public?

I still see no minute detailing of the soft-loan stuff the Yahoos have with the Co-Op Bank ...

Celtic's facility with the Co-op will be detailed in their annual accounts, and you have already detailed the security that's held by them.

I'm not an expert, but the one unusual aspect seems to be the assigning of values to the assets being secured, but otherwise it seems to be a normal deal.

It's just being sensationalised by the press and by our haters, which given what's happened over the past decade is not unexpected.

4 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Celtic's facility with the Co-op will be detailed in their annual accounts, and you have already detailed the security that's held by them.

I'm not an expert, but the one unusual aspect seems to be the assigning of values to the assets being secured, but otherwise it seems to be a normal deal.

It's just being sensationalised by the press and by our haters, which given what's happened over the past decade is not unexpected.

The values appear in document registred at Companies House and if you add all parts of what assets are being used, it seems to come to well over the 3M figure.

I can appreciate that Edmiston House may now not be worth what we paid for it and the realisable value for other parts may be less than stated but there is quite a jump from what was initially quoted as security and now.

--------

IMO the Edmiston House purchase from MIH/Lloyds reeks but that is another story.

1 minute ago, buster. said:

The values appear in document registred at Companies House and if you add all parts of what assets are being used, it seems to come to well over the 3M figure.

I can appreciate that Edmiston House may now not be worth what we paid for it and the realisable value for other parts may be less than stated but there is quite a jump from what was initially quoted as security and now.

--------

IMO the Edmiston House purchase from MIH/Lloyds reeks but that is another story.

It depends what the values are. Are they original cost, replacement cost, book value, net realisable value, or something else? We don't know.

The relevant valuation to Close would be the realisable value and that could be a lot less than any of the other valuations, hence the disparity.

The Edmiston House purchase may have been over-valued but I'm happy that we own it and nobody else. I don't want a third party controlling a property within our grounds.

Those that participated on the Rangers Tax Case Blog most voraciously, have not disappeared into the ether like the blog. There is a seam to be mined, and their produce is packaged and handed over to Martin Williams' He has published their intent these last eighteen months. The usual pattern will emerge, Williams will be hail hailed for his courage in penning these epistles, he will tell of a threatening experience to him/his wife/his family; hugely publicised, and another senior journo will be found to carry the torch.

It has become carefully choreographed theater. 

4 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Those that participated on the Rangers Tax Case Blog most voraciously, have not disappeared into the ether like the blog. There is a seam to be mined, and their produce is packaged and handed over to Martin Williams' He has published their intent these last eighteen months. The usual pattern will emerge, Williams will be hail hailed for his courage in penning these epistles, he will tell of a threatening experience to him/his wife/his family; hugely publicised, and another senior journo will be found to carry the torch.

It has become carefully choreographed theater. 

Williams did report with some detail and critically of SDI/Mr.MASH involvement back in the day so for me this is to a degree, consistenty and a newspaper meeting audience demand/commercial motive.

The reason I flagged it up was more his timing.

Edited by buster.