Pacific Quay Musings?

Very interesting, but not surprising, that the official list of errors includes the following;

Rangers 2-1 Aberdeen (6/02/24): VAR intervention was correct, but final outcome should have been yellow card to Rangers' Dujon Sterling. Referee retained his on-field decision of a red card.

Kilmarnock 1-2 Rangers (28/2/24): VAR should have recommended an on-field review. Final outcome should have been penalty decision, which led to Kilmarnock opening the scoring, overturned - no handball offence against Rangers.

Hearts 2-0 Celtic (3/3/24): VAR should have recommended an on-field review. Penalty decision should have been overturned - no foul and no penalty should have been awarded to Celtic.

Hearts 2-0 Celtic (3/3/24): On-field decision correct, no penalty to Hearts. Handball should not have been awarded for spot-kick that led to opening goal.

All 4 wrong decisions go either against Rangers or for Celtic in big games at crucial times. It is not at all surprising that of these 4 incidents of cheating, Don Robertson is responsible for 3 of them, with Dickenson the other cheat in charge. Surely we must ensure we do not have to put up with either in any capacity for the remaining 4 games?

2 hours ago, Devil's advocaat said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cqln4xjp82xo

Banner image screams 'penalty to Rangers', whereas the real story is no wrong VAR decisions in our favour. Worse than the Sun.

A BBC Scotland photograph is worth a thousand words.

Talking of which, the thousand word article accompanying the photograph is uncredited.

• 2 weeks later...

The Jolly Bhoy's Outing.

Here's the gig. Tom continues his refusal to apologise to Peter over the article he penned reference Brendan's itchy feet. Tom remains not welcome at ra Stade de Gadd and Lennoxtown. Chris has empathy and as such, is consigned to ra grassy knoll across London Road from ra Sellik Way. The PQ CSC supporters' bus travels without Tom and Chris. Convenor, Kheredine Idessane is demanding club Treasurer, Martin Dowden publishes the dues owing. Secretary, Amy Canavan insists upon a constant Sellik State of Mind.

Effectively, ra green'n'grey hooped horrors won the Premiership on Saturday after their 2-1 victory over Rangers. BBC Scotland ensured their targeted, preferred audience were fully informed, live radio and online commentary plus TV highlights. Compare and contrast with the five years license fee Rangers supporters endured when Chris fell out with our club? We had to wait until after the final whistle to hear that week's nominated naughty step occupier look at a studio monitor and relay the score.

On Saturday last, Tom was confined to the studio and Chris visited the Pride Collection to squeeze into lederhosen. Bavaria bound and hoping Pinocchio would utter some lies whilst Chris squatted on his face, Gollum got away from fellow gloating Yahoos by doing a promo for Auntie on the upcoming Euros in Germany. It is a three day jolly, taking in accommodation, spa facilities, tourism opportunities, tasting the big sausage and, sipping from a stein. Tomorrow, after horticultural tips from Berchtesgarden Chris goes full Cabaret. He is intent upon telling us the Money, Money required for a short time with a Chick with a Stick. Well, he has to grab Brenda's interest.

Will both BBC Scotlands Sports Correspondent and Chief Football Writer be in attendance at the Scottish Cup final next Saturday, does Peter's influence extend to Hampden? We should be told.

Listened to the bbc radio commentary for ten minutes before halftime while finishing a garden task and had to endure the exultant delirium of the wee grúacach that is Liam McLeod. Tempted to switch back on to hear how he coping.

• 4 weeks later...

Restless Natives.

My balcony of choice this summer is situated in the corner of Spain. Galicia's charms are all encompassing but, mostly ignored by Spaniards. Of course, the country is a loose coalition of waring tribes, most Castilians, Catalans, Andalusians, Basques, ....... etc think Galicia is part of Poland. Even il Caudillo, Generalissimo Franco played down his Galician heritage on advice from his personal priest, Bishop Josemaria Escriva - the founder of Opus Dei. Yesterday, I was sitting outside a bar in San Vicente and a coach load of French tourists alighted to their guide spreading his arms and proclaiming, 'Galicia is God's work'. Dan Brown will ensure the Guardia Civil jail the blasphemer in his next book.

God's work continues at Pacific Quay. The appetiser for the Euros is the second series of Scottish football icons, the six chosen are : Frank McAvennie, Joe Jordan, John Robertson, Wullie Miller, John Greig and, Jen Beattie. The Executive Producer remains Claire Kelly(daughter of former Sellik Chair, Kevin Kelly) and Eamonn Donohoe (Sportscene Producer), a Celtic State of Mind pairing. We know PQ is most comfortable lifting personnel and ideas from Sellik supporters' Podcasts and the national broadcaster serves up continuity in their Euros coverage.

Each and every evening of the Euros, we are being given, 'Late Night at the Euros with Martin Compston'. Now I know Gersnetters will be concerned as to the whereabouts of RAB Cosgrove and Tam Cowan, it's their gig these last thirty years? Diversity training takes it's toll and maybe they are losing the confidence of Claire and Eamonn? As BBC License payers, we must ask, has Martin Compston undergone diversity training? Remember Martin, it is only two years past since he conducted the balaclava attired Yahoos in the full IRA karaoke from a Las Vegas stage? 

Martin ticks all the boxes, he co-hosts a Podcast with Hibby, Gordon Smart called, 'Restless Natives'. BBC Scotland tells us, "Martin is hilarious" is his descant of the forty year old Scottish low budget film. Taking on the characters of Clown and Wolf, two disaffected youths get on their motor bikes and indulge in highway robbery. Tourist coaches are the target. Martin will be donning a clown mask instead of the usual balaclava. What are PQ CSC thinking?

A Scots actor who has lived in Las Vegas this last decade is parachuted in and RAB Cosgrove says nothing. I suspect Martin's political sympathies and the thought of an impending word from Peter have silenced him. A man in his 72nd year knows his snout could be removed from the trough permanently. The suffocating blanket of God's Work decrees hating is no longer enough, Opus Peter is dictating. No wonder RAB is continually playing the Irish heritage card these days.

I think PQ could have been a bit more snappy with the show's title, how about, 'Singalonga Martin'?

4 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Each and every evening of the Euros, we are being given, 'Late Night at the Euros with Martin Compston'.

I noticed that just before the Scotland game kicked off on Friday and it definitely made me keener to see our national side fail.  Maybe I'm just bitter but I don't feel like my life is any worse not supporting them.

Watching the Scotland team depart and then arrive in Germany I couldn’t help notice Shellik tops in the crowd. Have they ditched the ROI and now all support Scotland? ( or have the real Irish chased them? )

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Leaders of the Gang.

Come on, come on - do you wanna be in my gang, I'm the Leader, the leader of the gang I am. An exercise in taking a steaming turd and rolling it in Glitter. Let me explain.

That was the Euros that was particularly for the Scottish national team. There appears to have been a deliberate coordinated move to provide leadership to the collection of Brigadoon refugees we all know and love as, 'the Tartan Army'. Senior PQ Producers and Gang Hut Leaders-Aff, Claire Kelly and Eamon Donoghue started with Chris McLaughlin on his four day recce to Germany, telling the foot soldiers what to expect in Munich, Cologne and, Stuttgart. To ensure the tartan terrors remained Sellik minded, each of the ten nights PQ broadcast, 'Late Night at the Euros with Martin Compston'. Singalong with Martin had Susie McCabe on as a guest twice, it is ra Sellik Way.

The reason I say coordinated is because of the article penned by Herald Journo and current favoured recipient of Peter Relief, Graeme McGarry. Now, the latest incumbent of convenient useful idiocy is a claret and amber diehard but, is often chosen to initially present tricky Sellik minded thoughts. The article was entitled, 'Is Politics turning Rangers fans off the National Team'? This appeared a few days before the Germany game, it noted the declining presence of Rangers supporters within the Tartan Army. Reasons given were the SNP politicisation of the TA and the booing of three-four Rangers players representing their country in the last dozen years. 

Of course, simplistic nonsense but, it is true in that the Rangers support has become more disinterested in the fortunes of the national team. We can all add our tuppence worth and the two mentioned are part of the problem; however, reference politicisation there was a poll published in Nutmeg I think in the immediate aftermath of the 2014 independence referendum. It surveyed all 42 Scots football clubs and found the club with the single biggest Yes vote among it's support at 41% was Rangers. I was not surprised because providing leadership to the Rangers support is more difficult than herding cats. Rangers supporters think for themselves.

The article was lazy but Sellik nature hates a vacuum and there was a rush to provide the necessary. BBC Five Live provided Connie McLaughlin, Pat Nevin, Chris Iwelumo and, Shebahn Aherne. The Herald gave us Gabriel McKay and PLZ Soccer nominated Hugh MacDonald. The Record has remained consistent with it's much warranted comedic credentials by presenting Michael Gannon as Commander of the Home Battalion of the Tartan Army, ............ The collective balaclava has been discarded and an ill fitting cock feathered adorned Tam-O-Shanter has been squeezed on to ra Yahoo beelin' heids, we will be hearing more renditions of, 'Lizzies in a box'.

The responsibility of reporting on the team became more difficult when ra core of the team ie Andy Robertson, Kieran Tierney, Scott McTominey, Callum McGregor, James Forrest, Tony Ralston, John McGinn, ............ suffered injury, lost form, disappeared and, played wayward passes. Truth hurts and the roaring arse of a Yahoo Daftie, James Dornan MSP comes out swinging. He blames BBC Scotland for uber criticism of Sellik players particularly singling out Neil McCann. Apparently Neil was raging every time Tony Ralston touched the ball. The one Dornan utterance we can all agree on is, "Liam McLeod is an absolute disgrace". 

I urge the national broadcaster to give Martin Compston the microphone for a much longer time, Singalong with Martin has legs.

Come, come on ........

Edited by 26th of foot

Steve is Joe the Toff.

BBC Scotland's Heid Bummer, Steve Carson has announced he is stepping down and is off to pastures new in Dublin. The Irishman has spent 11 years at Pacific Quay, the last four as Director. He prefers the role of RTE's Director of Video which I am sure will please his wife, Miriam O'Callaghan who shuttles between the BBC(London) and RTE(Dublin). 

Steve highlights the professionalism of the PQ team and reminds us he commissioned the productions of Guilt and Rebus. Steve mentions the launch of BBC Scotland's satellite channel but omits the cancelation of it's flagship show, 'the Nine' because no one was viewing. Anyways, Steve is off to Dublin in a dream, in a dream and, BBC Scotland announced, "the search for Steve's successor starts immediately".

The front runners are good friends of the show :

Kevin McKenna, Chris McLaughlin, Angela Haggerty, Gerry Braiden, ....................

When Peter decides, he will tell ra Sellik State of Mind and, Paul John Dykes will tell Claire Kelly. we, the License Fee payers will find out the successor when RAB Cosgrove utters, 'I know him/her well and I like him/her a lot'.

2 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

Steve is Joe the Toff.

BBC Scotland's Heid Bummer, Steve Carson has announced he is stepping down and is off to pastures new in Dublin. The Irishman has spent 11 years at Pacific Quay, the last four as Director. He prefers the role of RTE's Director of Video which I am sure will please his wife, Miriam O'Callaghan who shuttles between the BBC(London) and RTE(Dublin). 

Steve highlights the professionalism of the PQ team and reminds us he commissioned the productions of Guilt and Rebus. Steve mentions the launch of BBC Scotland's satellite channel but omits the cancelation of it's flagship show, 'the Nine' because no one was viewing. Anyways, Steve is off to Dublin in a dream, in a dream and, BBC Scotland announced, "the search for Steve's successor starts immediately".

The front runners are good friends of the show :

Kevin McKenna, Chris McLaughlin, Angela Haggerty, Gerry Braiden, ....................

When Peter decides, he will tell ra Sellik State of Mind and, Paul John Dykes will tell Claire Kelly. we, the License Fee payers will find out the successor when RAB Cosgrove utters, 'I know him/her well and I like him/her a lot'.

I seen the article proclaiming the departure of the latest incumbant and my first thought was there will be a new 26th post in the PQ thread coming soon!!

Like you and no doubt most who observe this thread, I have absolutely no doubt that the incoming replacement will almost certainly be of Irish descent, with Timmy leanings. No other candidates will be considered worthy, and Rangers supporters will see no change in coverage or balance.