Ex-Rangers boss Mark Warburton SACKED

Ex-Rangers boss Mark Warburton SACKED by Nottingham Forest as David Weir and Frank McParland also leave the City Ground.

Warbs has been given the boot after yesterday's 1-0 defeat at home to Championship strugglers Sunderland.

FORMER Rangers boss Mark Warburton has been sacked by Nottingham Forest.

David Weir and Frank McParland have also left the club with the Reds 14th in the English Championship.

A Forest statement read: “Nottingham Forest can confirm that the contracts of Mark Warburton and David Weir have been terminated with immediate effect.

“The club can also confirm that Frank McParland has left the club.

“Academy Manager Gary Brazil has been appointed Caretaker Manager and has assumed his new duties this morning.“The club would like to thank Mark, David and Frank for all their efforts during their time at The City Ground.”

More to follow

Sun

I never knew much about him before he came to us, yet according to resident experts on here and other forums he was the man to takes us forward.

He did, surely?

His football was the way forward; his implementation of it, not so much. :D

I never knew much about him before he came to us, yet according to resident experts on here and other forums he was the man to takes us forward.

I thought he was. I thought it was an excellent appointment and still did at the end of his first season.

But then I thought the LeGuen appointment was also excellent and he'd take us forward too, so what do I know.... :D

He did, surely?

He did take us forward.

It's hard not to be unkind though.

He had a great chance to build on the cup success against Celtic and he blew it.

His first season was the first time I've taken any pride from watching us since Walter's final season. His second season was horrific. His failure with Forest suggests he's like PLG: impressive CV but ultimately a poor manager. We don't get much luck.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy