Days of Disaster & a Pools Winning Priest

It’s that time of year again where we remember the supporters who lost their lives at Ibrox.

It’s approaching fifty years since the 1971 disaster and I felt it important to remember some of those who lost their lives by telling a little bit of their story , as well as some details of how Glasgow and the wider UK football community came to our aid, including a donation to the Lords Provost’s Fund of £25,000 from a Priest from Walsall who had won £100,000 in the Pools that weekend on the back of the draw at Ibrox.

Often, I hear the Ibrox Disaster Memorial referred to as the ‘John Greig statue’. Whilst of course that’s exactly what it is, as the years tick by from 1971, I think it’s important to point out to the younger generation the statue’s intended significance.

It’s not an easy read but as we approach the 50th anniversary of the tragedy, I think it’s important we continue to strive to ensure the 66 souls who lost their lives are never forgotten.

https://rangers-history.com/2017/12/28/days-of-disaster/

If the club as they say and tart up the stadium then the first thing that should be done is a proper memorial to the fans that lost their lives that day ,the one outside is feeble nothing more than an insult so why not make it across from the main stand in front of the go an stand and the full length something that will be seen every time a game is televised .