Rangers (Morelos 5) 1 - 3 St Johnstone

What makes you wonder is how long it does take our managers to spot the obvious and change tactics accordingly. Yesterday's game was like the one against ICT last season, when Murty got it tactically and sub-wise all wrong. And it is not that we haven't played Saints before at home. They got it all right from the off, straight in our faces, no time allowed on the ball. Quiten and frustrate the crowd ... all worked well. After that, soak up pressure and hit on the counter. Then again, it was not that difficult to do, finding out the right tactic.

Add to that some sub-standard performances from half a handful of players and the recipe for another home defeat was on the cards.

Where do we go from here then? People want Pena, I wanted Kranjcar, yet for that the gaffer has to put players on the field doing the runs. Whatever made Murty having Morelos ran about like there was no tomorrow is well and truly beyond me. Same goes for Windass on the left. Then again, perhaps the players took it up to themselves where they were playing? On Wendesday, Candeias was running his socks off trying to cover Tavernier's inability to cope with the Hibs attackers, yesterday he's at times making up for the hole in the middle left by Windass and Morelos. No real structure visible. And you would hope that the absence of Miller is being drawn out as another reason for our defeat. Well, having him would have meant that Morelos would have remained up top ... but there it ends.

Next up it will be Partick, who were well and truly beaten 3-0 by Dundee (two penalties included), and have a neat trip to the Scumhut in midweek. That will see them in good stead for a gutsy defensive performance on the 23rd. It needs to be 3-5-2 and no roving people.

EDIT: Before people remark on it ... I have since been adviced that we are away to Killie next week.

Edited by der Berliner

Clark seems to have Killie playing better. I suspect it will be a tough match - hopefully Murty learns from Saturday and Morelos and Windass revert back to more effective positions (up front and No.10 respectively).

I can't believe how easy we make it for St Johnstone to score the 2nd goal.

Who is to blame for that? Wilson or John?

Both, no talking, no awareness and no fucking brains between the two of them. Also Tavernier? could have got closer and made an effort to cut out the cross.

Have been busy so just getting to this now.

An utterly appalling display. First and foremost, I'm not sure why the manager changed his system for this. It totally negated Windass and with Candeias and Tav on a really bad run of form we struggled badly despite taking an early lead with a well worked goal.

I was also extremely confused by the initial. Niko was a decent call to come on a play deep (which he did to reasonable effect late on) but taking off Candeias meant we had nothing on the right initially until we finally moved Tav further up the park. Herrera then comes on and I've no idea what formation we played after that and neither did the players it seemed.

All in all it was a complete mess. I was worried about the lack of quality on the bench should the game not progress as we'd like and that became all too evident as the game went on. Not sure what the situation is with Pena but I don't think we needed Hodson and Bates so should at least have one of the younger players (Nemane, Dalcio or Atakayi) there as a creative option should we need it.