Rangers (Morelos 5) 1 - 3 St Johnstone

Matt Crooks and Harry Forrester both got sent off today.

I'm desperately searching for some sort of consolation after another set of points have been dropped at home. Supporting Rangers has become like a very dour rollercoaster ride.

With their unexpected mauling of Hibs, Aberdeen clawed 5 goals back and are now 3 points ahead. That will ebb and flow, but it really makes you wonder. Not to mention that Aberdeen put Saints to the sword in midweek in Perth (probably playing similar to them). Essentially, Scum aside, it very much remains the case that nigh everyone can beat anyone in the league, no matter whether it is home and away.

What really annoys me is that stubborness with the one-striker thing, not least when you face packed defences against which we have time and again shown that we can't penetrate them with dancing footall. We needed two strikers and a creative midfielder. Instead, Morelos was roving about like never before and we virtually had none to aim at up top. Very easy for the Saints.

Edited by der Berliner

We created nothing in that whole game other than the Morelos goal. St Johnstone didn't have any worldies in spite of what you say DB for their first goal there is only one place he can put it as the other side is blocked by our defence. Its got a long way to travel and the only defence I can find for the keeper there is that he's slightly unsighted. Their second is a shocker no press on the cross to begin with and then they get an unchallenged free header in the centre of our goals on our six yard line. Their third is a well worked move down our left and slotted away nicely low into the inside net on the keepers right hand side. There was absolutely nothing special about the goals they scored. We were devoid of ideas, creation or energy through out the entire game. I'm sorry DB but we were absolutely piss poor from my perspective.

We created nothing in that whole game other than the Morelos goal. St Johnstone didn't have any worldies in spite of what you say DB for their first goal there is only one place he can put it as the other side is blocked by our defence. Its got a long way to travel and the only defence I can find for the keeper there is that he's slightly unsighted. Their second is a shocker no press on the cross to begin with and then they get an unchallenged free header in the centre of our goals on our six yard line. Their third is a well worked move down our left and slotted away nicely low into the inside net on the keepers right hand side. There was absolutely nothing special about the goals they scored. We were devoid of ideas, creation or energy through out the entire game. I'm sorry DB but we were absolutely piss poor from my perspective.

I'm not disputing that, but Alston and Cummings scored their first goals of the season, hit and hope, no worldies, just hit and hope and some of those you score, usually on a Sunday afternoon.

Edited by der Berliner

I'm not disputing that, but Alston and Cummings scored their first goals of the season, hit and hope, no worldies, just hit and hope and some of those you score, usually on a Sunday afternoon.

There is an element of misfortune, but it happens too often against us.

Just not surprised with the result at all. This seems common. There is still something missing from being a strong team again. I dont blame Murty, its just being part of a rebuilding process but these games like Hamilton have to be where we start winning. It undoes all the good work away at difficult grounds.

With that logic if neither are on the park then neither of them score. That my friend is the very definition of a tautology.

However they were on the park their team worked the chances and the players followed up in numbers into the spaces they created... exactly who it is of their team whom finds themselves in those spots is irrelevant. Its the fact that they had a player anticipating the movement of the ball where ours were static in defence and lethargic mostly everywhere else is what matters to me.

Edited by Big Jaws
Added quote

Just not surprised with the result at all. This seems common. There is still something missing from being a strong team again. I dont blame Murty, its just being part of a rebuilding process but these games like Hamilton have to be where we start winning. It undoes all the good work away at difficult grounds.

I agree Gribz I dont blame Murty either they were the same under MW and PC its the players I question. You cant take a rest as a Rangers player you have to operate to much higher standards than everyone else.

Matt Crooks and Harry Forrester both got sent off today.

I'm desperately searching for some sort of consolation after another set of points have been dropped at home. Supporting Rangers has become like a very dour rollercoaster ride.

Our team didn't show enough emotion to get a player sent off. Thoroughly deserved by St Johnstone. Lambs to the slaughter comes to mind.