The SPFL Radar - Jason Holt

Great pressing at the start, but I'm still annoyed he didn't slide in Windass!!

Holt's first touch is superb, and his ability to pass forward is vital for us. We've actually got three players that can pass well now, in Jack, McCrorie and Holt.

Edited by Rousseau

I didn't think Holt was going to make it in the SPFL when we went up. But since coming into the side this season he's been immense, he's taken his chance and even if Dorrans was fit I'm not sure I'd drop Holt for him. His energy, his creativity and his fight typify the side over the last few weeks. For a wee guy he's got a big heart, you can't help but admire that.

Yeah, Holt has his limitations but we won't find a more energetic player so the diamond suits him because he has the engine to not only cover the left back but also support the attack when he can.

If I had one criticism is that he doesn't look for the ball from deep enough and also doesn't get into the opposition box as much as he should. However, his overall contribution is usually pretty good so those are mild complaints.

I thought he was our star man by a mile at Hibs the other night. He popped up everywhere in midfield, helping out the defence, helping out the forwards, and closing down, tackling, passing in the centre of the pitch as well. I was knackered just watching him. If he had slipped in Windass instead of shooting that may have got him perfect marks. Outstanding, and long may it continue.