The PQ Bat Phone.

The one redeeming aspect of the ongoing chaos is that, many years from now, it is the comparison with the current shambles that will confirm when Rangers is again a well-run and self-confident club.

One might argue that the use of the word concomitant is in itself a concomitant confidence in ones use of language.

Edited by Big Jaws

I just read a bit of Tom English's report on the Leith Tramps vs Yahoos match.

So we have an Irish rugby fan telling us a match between two plastic Irish football teams is "probably - maybe - game of the season" in Scotland's premier division.

Well, well...

Personally, I see nothing wrong with use of the word 'concomitant'.

English is a rich, varied language, and we should both celebrate and use it.

The point of the statement should be to communicate with supporters.

If it uses obscure language then it will fail to do that.

That's even before considering how inappropriate it was to subject McInnes to thinly veiled criticism.

Just watched Sportscene's highlights and, no mention of Ross County's, "stonewall penalty". Owen Coyle claimed grievance on the PQ Bat Phone, Big Dick empathised, and Mikey, Jonathon, and Steven have failed to provide the necessary evidence.

I suspect Owen knew he was pushing at an open door?

The point of the statement should be to communicate with supporters.

If it uses obscure language then it will fail to do that.

That's even before considering how inappropriate it was to subject McInnes to thinly veiled criticism.

It is hardly obscure. Now, if you suggested, say, 'gallimauffry' as a recondite usage , I might have more sympathy with your position.

The criticism of McInnies was not 'thinly veiled', and in my view, was justified, although the Club should have expressed it in more diplomatic language and tone. Perhaps, however,

that would have failed to communicate its message clearly.