Honest mistakes or something more sinister?

Not skirting anything....I trust you have figures to back up the claim??? Were ALL MSPs asked their footballing preference???

You also haven't answered my point - The Tories (Scottish Conservative & Unionist Party, to give them their Sunday name), should share the same Unionist views with Rangers (as everyone seems to believe we are a Unionist club), yet despite having 31 Tory MSPs & very similar beliefs over the Union, there is still only 1 (known) Rangers fan.

Which party does this Rangers supporting MSP represent???

There is another threat talking about Windass' stats which are saying he's been outstanding, yet people are adamant that he's been next to useless.....Stats are great, but without backup and context they can be made to represent any particular view point. When you say "The majority of MSPs support Ceptic", how many were asked??? You could ask 10 (out of 129) MSPs who they support, 3 could say Ceptic, the rest each say one other team....based on that research, do the majority support Ceptic??

http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/14537768.Revealed___What_Scotland_s_new_MSPs_think_of_God__cannabis__football_and_Coronation_Street/

There is one of the sources.

The argument isn’t about who likes Rangers, it is about who hates Rangers.

Just because they are Tory doesn’t mean to say they should support us. The question to you (again) is why are Rangers supporting MSPs so under represented? What is the reason for this statistical anomaly?

With the likes of Tunnocks etc, its more to do with them ditching their proud Scottish imagery, which has served them VERY well over the years, in favour of a UK image in order to appease those down south.

Do you not feel even the slightest big grieved when Scotch Whisky gets marketed as a British product???

If it's something that increases their sales and safeguards or increases Scottish jobs then what's the issue?

Many companies change branding in ways that I disagree with, but I'm not a marketing guy so I tend to them get on with it. In respect of Tunnocks, they would have had their reasoning. I'm not sure exactly what it was but if people in England are put off from buying a biscuit because they are seen as Scottish as you seem to be suggesting then I can't blame them. It's a minor issue and not something that would bother me either way, and calls for boycotts is very sinister.

I can't say I've ever noticed Scotch being marketed as a British product. Seems crazy to do it. The fact that it's from Scotland is integral and I don't see why anyone would want to downplay it.

I'm a director of a company that's very "Scottish", and it bumps up its Scottishness at every point. It's a USP, so I'm all in favour of promoting Scottishness for many products, but companies should be allowed to operate their own marketing strategy in today's Scotland without fear of boycott.

With the likes of Tunnocks etc, its more to do with them ditching their proud Scottish imagery, which has served them VERY well over the years, in favour of a UK image in order to appease those down south.

Do you not feel even the slightest big grieved when Scotch Whisky gets marketed as a British product???

I’m sorry but those grievances are pathetic. Whiskey IS British! As is Tunnocks! It’s nothing to do with “appeasing those down South” it’s do to with international marketing.

To be honest, I’ve never seen Scotch labelled as British once.

It's not anti-Scottish, it's pro UK.

The separatists are trying to turn anything Scottish including the saltire, into a political pro-independence statement.

You're correct that many Scots don't like the club because a majority of the support are pro-union and anti-independence. Moving away from football, many can't accept such views

It's difficult to express anything but a pro-independence view without having a howling mob giving you abuse and calling for boycotts. Look at what happened to Tunnocks. Calls for boycotts because they scrapped the image of the lion rampant.

There's also been calls for boycotts of supermarkets, banks, oil companies etc. It's becoming almost fascist in the way that you're not allowed to express an opposing view without there being significant repercussions.

Exactly. There was a comment above about Rangers fans hating Scotland. I don’t hate Scotland but I hate what it is becoming - that is a small minded backwater infested with republicanism and social handouts to appease the mindless for a vote. I am definitely Scottish first and British second but that in no means says that I’m ashamed to be British. There is nothing wrong with being both.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/14537768.Revealed___What_Scotland_s_new_MSPs_think_of_God__cannabis__football_and_Coronation_Street/

There is one of the sources.

The argument isn’t about who likes Rangers, it is about who hates Rangers.

Just because they are Tory doesn’t mean to say they should support us. The question to you (again) is why are Rangers supporting MSPs so under represented? What is the reason for this statistical anomaly?

The majority of the MSPs asked, responded they didn't follow football. 7 followed Ceptic, 6 follow Aberdeen....that is out of 56 who responded.

The reason, I believe, that they don't like us isn't down to Politics, Nationalism or religion....It's jealousy. They don't like us being successful. They don't like the fact that we were demoted to the bottom tier of Scottish Football & were as strong as ever. They didn't like that we worked back up the league, to finish 3rd on our return to the top division. They don't like the level of unwavering support that the club has. They are jealous.....

Some of us think something more sinister is afoot. Some don't.

Those that don't, don't seem to have much of an explanation for the turmoil we've encountered, the press being largely against us and the bombardment of hatred we face....or the referees never giving us the benefit of the doubt.