Ruth Gilfillan was booted down three ranks over Rangers 'banter' claim

It would still be on your radar, and being pro-union and anti-independence is pretty much the same thing in many people's books....unless you want to nit pick.

The rest of your post is not relevant to the point I was making.

I think I explained it in a very non nit picky and relevant way.

I think those that equate them are ignoring a lot of the picture to put their own label on it.

I think if you ask people if they are a unionist and if they want independence, there won't be as big a correlation as you think. It's not that binary.

I think if you ask people if they are a unionist and if they want independence, there won't be as big a correlation as you think. It's not that binary.

You said it's not on many people's radar. Independence and therefore the concept of unionism IS.

The SNP have ramped up division and as a result many previously quiet Unionists are now a bit more forthright about it. I know fans of a few clubs, rugby fans and people not interested in sport now far more vociferously Unionist than they were 5-10 years ago.

Of course, the same goes for the other side as well.

But back to Rangers fans - I still don't think we have a party that really represents most of us here in Scotland. NI Bears have DUP.

DUP Jeezo, bunch of religious tossers, anti women, anti gay. Watched documentary on NI not so long ago, people voted for them just to beat SF. Sad state of affairs.

That's what happens when nationalism is on the rise. The reaction can be just as nasty.

Arlene Foster must love their anti-women stance though. Referring to practising Christians as "tossers" isn't very inclusive.

It is unlikely that Eva Bolander would be an RC but it is no coincidence that a change in controlling party may result in a paradigm shift. It is no coincidence that there were a number of murky payoffs from GCC prior to the take over. I’m sure the shredders were going full steam ahead. That is my only positive that I think may come of SNP taking over Glasgow: them uncovering years of religious based corruption by the GCC that has pretty much been an open secret. I am dubious though as they are well versed at burying this sort of stuff, including the years of drug dealing via one of their handy “arms length” tentacles.

Care to elaborate ?

Nope....The "rise" of Tories in Scotland is due to the complete collapse of Labour.

Until recently, Scotland (as a country) was a solid Labour strong hold - no other party got a look in. This is mainly due to our working/industrial background - mining, ship building, steel works to name a few. The Labour party represented those people. Then the Tories started closing down the industry, and Labour's numbers started declining (but in small numbers). Then Labour just went into complete melt down & no longer represented the needs of the workers. As a result, voters looked else where.

That depends how far you go back. Before the Labour predominance there was a Conservative predominance. You could say we are getting back to normal... :ninja:

Edited by Rousseau

It is unlikely that Eva Bolander would be an RC but it is no coincidence that a change in controlling party may result in a paradigm shift. It is no coincidence that there were a number of murky payoffs from GCC prior to the take over. I’m sure the shredders were going full steam ahead. That is my only positive that I think may come of SNP taking over Glasgow: them uncovering years of religious based corruption by the GCC that has pretty much been an open secret. I am dubious though as they are well versed at burying this sort of stuff, including the years of drug dealing via one of their handy “arms length” tentacles.

Roman Catholics have left the labour Party in their droves to join the SNP and I don't see them fishing for evidence of corruption by GCC.