Rangers 0 v Hamilton 2 - Post match discussion

It needs to be repeated (though I think you know it): Dave King owns 15% of the company's shares, not 51 or more. He is just our chairman, no more, no less.

That's the position i want the support to be in 25% plus without triggering a complete buyout, just to be in a position of power to stop the club for ever again being in the power of ****s. That comes with a huge responsibility, that again is what i mean by having the right people in charge to run the club.

That's the position i want the support to be in 25% plus without triggering a complete buyout, just to be in a position of power to stop the club for ever again being in the power of ****s. That comes with a huge responsibility, that again is what i mean by having the right people in charge to run the club.

True enough. I am still of the opinion that the three Bears as well as King are "supporters" too, so with Club1872, "we" essentially "own" our club already. That these business-men are not yet used to work all too closely with a "fan-cluster" like Club1872 is understandable, but may not go on for years.

True enough. I am still of the opinion that the three Bears as well as King are "supporters" too, so with Club1872, "we" essentially "own" our club already. That these business-men are not yet used to work all too closely with a "fan-cluster" like Club1872 is understandable, but may not go on for years.

I'm not overly critical of the present board and DK, but there are people on the board with less shares than C1872, we need a supporters representative on the board. If C1872 had the funds to buyout DK, i think he would sell up to us, however we are a long way away from having the money for soft loans as well as buying up shares. That's why it's imperative we get a huge increase in fan numbers joining C1872, going forward it's the only sure way for the club to be kept in the manner we expect for Rangers. Agree the club is being presently run by Bears.

I'm not overly critical of the present board and DK, but there are people on the board with less shares than C1872, we need a supporters representative on the board. If C1872 had the funds to buyout DK, i think he would sell up to us, however we are a long way away from having the money for soft loans as well as buying up shares. That's why it's imperative we get a huge increase in fan numbers joining C1872, going forward it's the only sure way for the club to be kept in the manner we expect for Rangers. Agree the club is being presently run by Bears.

got to say the last thing we need is another supporter jumping every time celtic move

And there comes the time that the constant barrage of players from the fans should turn to a more reasoned level. Right now it is beyond parody that the manager and his team who hits post and bar twice each and has a keeper barely stopping the ball on the line gets slaughtered for "not being good enough". A few inches stopped Morelos from a hat-trick, but folk like you claim we should "learn basic skills"?

Perhaps it escapes people - time and again - that it is far more difficult to score with 5 or 8 defenders in and around the box, than haring down the opposite end with some speedy wingers and strikers against a couple of centre-halfs, a scenario we face every other week. Not least when the quality we have at our disposal is not able to break these walls as easily as some seem to think it is. Dire as it might be, if teams are out there playing behind the ball with 8 or more players, teams that are used to do that, it needs a certain quality to beat that on a weekly basis. We don't have that and probably haven't had that for the best part of two years. Essentially, we have daggers and people berate them for not being swords capable of cutting "the enemy" down. And if the players are done with, people go on and berate the board for not being able to supply us with the swords.

As I said, at times, people should take a step back and think about where we are and what we have got. Far too many seem to have returned to expectation levels valid 7 or 8 years ago. We sure have every right to expect better from our club, but we should also keep an eye on what is actually possible. Be that player- or manager-wise.

BTW, and people will sure laugh it off as it is far simpler to simply slaughter us, I haven't seen a team suffering from ill-luck in front of goals in decades. You sure need to work hard and make your own luck, but it should even itself out. Yet, that is not the case. Instead, you see Lafferty score a worldy that he won't repeat this season or our defender is that inch too late to stop Templeton from scoring. It happens time and again to be simply dismissed.

"Right now it is beyond parody that the manager and his team who hits post and bar twice each and has a keeper barely stopping the ball on the line gets slaughtered for "not being good enough"."

"Folk like you", eh? WTF? You should only generalise about people you know and understand or who only ever repeat the same things. Say, for example, always defending everyone at Ibrox be they leeches there to kill us, dud managers or useless players.

If you look back over my history you'll find variety; you, however, have been the same from my first to last post (which this is) here.

Just a couple of points on this quote, before I go:

"Right now it is beyond parody that the manager and his team who hits post and bar twice each and has a keeper barely stopping the ball on the line gets slaughtered for "not being good enough".

It's beyond parody that you refuse to read that to which you are replying . I stressed I was talking over the long term. A team can be unlucky in some games but not regularly, which is what you parrot.

Eight points from seven home games against appallingly poor opposition is not good enough.

Also, why do you keep talking about hitting the bar and the post - again season after season you have written this, game after game - as though it is a good thing? It is not. It is failure! Failure to score. "hits post and bar twice each " = four misses. Four hundred times each would equate to the same thing = not a goal. If we hit the woodwork many times in the upcoming games our opponents will not care, we will achieve no points for doing so. It's scoring that they don't want us to achieve. Hitting the post and the bar "isn't good enough" - what's beyond parody in that ? It's a fact.

I don't have time to keep up with the board and it makes me fractious to try so I'm leaving now. It's been wonderful, despite the recurrent pain on the pitch, to have been with you. I joined when we were deep in the brown stuff. I leave with us at least in the hands of Rnagers supporters but, I fear, with a very bleak looking future unless something truly dramatic happens.

When we were criminally attacked from outside and inside the game and found ourselves in the bottom division we had the chance to restructure the whole club and build a football philosophy for the future. That was our only chance of recovering from the devastating attack on our club unless a billionaire with money to burn was to be found. None were, and so we were left with option one but, lamentably, we went down the Ian Black and Kevin Kyle route instead.

This is easily the best forum, but then you don't need me to tell you that.

Best wishes to you all and to our beloved club.

Edited by SteveC

"Right now it is beyond parody that the manager and his team who hits post and bar twice each and has a keeper barely stopping the ball on the line gets slaughtered for "not being good enough"."

"Folk like you", eh? WTF? You should only generaliswe about people you know and understand or who only ever repeat the same things. Say, for example, always defending everyone at Ibrox be they leeches there to kill us, dud managers or useless players.

If you look back over my history you'll find variety; you, however, have been the same from my first to last post (which this is) here.

Just a couple of points on this quote, before I go:

"Right now it is beyond parody that the manager and his team who hits post and bar twice each and has a keeper barely stopping the ball on the line gets slaughtered for "not being good enough".

It's beyond parody that you refuse to read that to which you are replying . I stressed I was talking over the long term. A team can be unlucky in some games but not regularly, which is what you parrot.

Eight points from seven home games against appallingly poor oppositions is not good enough.

Also, why do you keep talking about hitting the bar and the post - again season after season you have written this, game after game - as though it is a good thing? It is not. It is failure! Failure to score. "hits post and bar twice each " = four misses. Four hundred times each would equate to the same thing = not a goal. If we hit the woodwork many times in the upcoming games our opponents will not care, we will achieve no points for doing so. It's scoring that they don't want us to achieve. Hitting the post and the bar "isn't good enough" - what's beyond parody in that ? It's a fact.

I don't have time to keep up with the board and it makes me fractious to try so I'm leaving now. It's been wonderful, despite the recurrent pain on the pitch, to have been with you. I joined when we were deep in the brown stuff. I leave with us at least in the hands of Rnagers supporters but, I fear, with a very bleak looking future unless something truly dramatic happens.

When we were criminally attacked from outside and inside the game and found ourselves in the bootom division we had the chance to restructure the whole club and build a football philosophy for the future. That was our only chance of recovering from the devastating attack on our club unless a billionaire with money to burn was to be found. None were, and so we were left with option one but, lamentably, we went down the Ian Black and Kevin Kyle route instead.

This is easily the best forum, but then you don't need me to tell you that.

Best wishes to you all and to our beloved club.

I hope you rethink and stay on the board you are a valued poster.

That's very kind of you to say but it's rather moot as I couldn't find a way to delete my account.:crash:
We are all hurting mate , but we will eventually recover .....at least thats what i keep telling myself