Ryan Jack reveals he was even booed as he got off the BUS before Scotland debut

The Gers midfielder made his international debut at Pittodrie on Thursday but his every touch of the ball was booed by a section of the home crowd.

RYAN JACK has lifted the lid on being booed as he made his international debut in his home town.

The Rangers midfielder got stick from some of the Pittodrie crowd as he played his first game for Scotland in the friendly defeat by Holland on Thursday night.

And the former Dons favourite revealed it started as he got off the team BUS before the game had even kicked off.

But he insists the abuse won’t prevent him playing for his country if called upon again.

He insisted: “What happened on Thursday is part and parcel of football and that doesn’t bother me at all.“I got booed coming off the bus and I got booed whenever I got the ball.

“But we were up in Aberdeen, the majority of the crowd were Aberdeen fans who were there supporting Scotland.“People express their feelings and I had to deal with that.“I just wanted to concentrate on my football and make the most of my first cap.”

The booing faded as the game went on but Jack claimed: “During a game I don’t really take notice of anything apart from what’s happening on the pitch.“Obviously when I took a throw-in on the far side I heard it a couple of times.

“But it certainly won’t put me off playing for my country. I enjoyed every minute of it.“I must have had about 15 people there on Thursday.“For my dad to see me make my Scotland debut would have made him the proudest man there.

“You do it for your family, you do it for your friends and I’m sure everyone was proud.“This is probably the proudest moment of my career.“I’m just delighted to have got my cap and hopefully I can build on that.”

Jack says he expected the hostile reception from the Pittodrie crowd.

He added: “I wasn’t surprised it happened. But you deal with it and you concentrate on the game.“I wanted to make the most of the week. I wasn’t interested in anything other than that.

“I want to go back to my club, start doing really well and hopefully I can get the nod again when the next squad’s announced.“Obviously the result was not what we wanted but the amount of chances we created and the togetherness we had, considering we were playing together for the first time, was excellent.”

Jack handled Dutch scorer Memphis Depay well playing at right-back and he said: “You want to do as well as you can, in whatever position the manager puts you.“I’m playing for my country so I’ll play anywhere.“It doesn’t make a difference to me and wherever you play you’ve just got to enjoy it and I did that.

“Malky said we didn’t have many right-backs as Callum Paterson has had a bad injury and has been out for a while.“He’s come back and is doing really well again but Malky said we didn’t have anyone else there.”

Jack conceded he’s had an up-and-down start to his Rangers career with three red cards already — two of them rescinded.

He admitted: “It’s not gone the way I’d planned. But that’s part and parcel of the game.

“I always strive to be better, it doesn’t matter if I’m doing excellently or not doing so well, I’ll always strive to do better.“I’ve had that my whole career as a professional.“I’ve always come in and tried to shut up the people who doubt me.

“I’ve got good people around me, I’ve got a close-knit family and I’ve got my wife and daughter away from the pitch. They keep me going.“There are times in life you need that support, not just when you’re playing football.“There are times you need your family and I know for a fact that when I need them and my friends they are always there.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1826975/rangers-ryan-jack-boo-bus-scotland/

And going back to the game on Thursday night, did Malky MAcKay think it OK to put Ryan Jack in at RB on his debut ( not his natural position) against Memphis Depay ??? One of the best in the world ??

Edited by RANGERRAB

And going back to the game on Thursday night, did Malky MAcKay think it OK to put Ryan Jack in at RB on his debut ( not his natural position) against Memphis Depay ??? One of the best in the world ??

He played there with the Sheep lots of times in fact he started his career as a right back.