Ronald's being frank

I've no idea why Palace appointed him though, it didn't make sense whatsoever given the position they were in with the players they have. FdB could have been a great appointment for us a few years ago, could have been an ideal project for him to get us up through the divisions with a young group of players playing the way he wanted.

I still think it will be McInnes - he's the safe option in many ways and I think that's what will swing it for the Board.

The one thing that I am not so sure about McInnes is then Why is it taking so long? If they only are interested in McInnes it would have been rounded off at least a week ago.

Edited by pete

The one thing that I am not so sure about McInnes is then Why is it taking so long? If they only are interested in McInnes it would have been rounded off at least a week ago.

I guess McInnes might have been the first and obvious choice amongst some of the Board when Pedro left, but if they got lots of CVs, they'd need to do the due diligence of at least going through them as well as consulting with Allen and maybe some external people too? And that's before you get to arranging interviews and negotiating with clubs, agents etc.

That's just my guess. But I literally know nothing.

One of the things that I think would go in DfB favour is that, at Ajax he was in charge of a team that was expected to control the games with the lion share of possession and basically win most games.... With Palace and the Inter Milan of recent years that was never going to be the way the games went. With Rangers, it would be similar to Ajax and could potentially suit his system / tactics etc.

Thats another reason I don't see the point in looking at managers like Pardew and McLaren (if we ever were)..... They've never really been managers of clubs that are expected to control the match for 90 minutes every game.

We need a stedy eddie for now while we grow.

We may need a bilic or de boer or better once we are closer to celtc to make the final leap in a few years but we arent there yet.

Dutch managers in the uk fair poorly as well.

I think there is a cultural difficulty.