Rangers sold Barrie McKay to Nottingham Forest on the cheap, says winger's agent

Bottom line was that McKay refused to sign a new contract...so we sold him.

Was it below market value - probably, but there wasn't exactly a queue of team looking to buy him.

Arguably, then, 'market value' was achieved......

I think allowing McKay to move on was a sign of bad judgement by the manager and even worse business by the CEO.

McKay may or may not have wanted to move on but that doesn't mean we still couldn't have made the best of the situation.

I think allowing McKay to move on was a sign of bad judgement by the manager and even worse business by the CEO.

McKay may or may not have wanted to move on but that doesn't mean we still couldn't have made the best of the situation.

I don't think that anyone could have coaxed, cajoled, or even strong armed him into a new contract, nor do I think that anyone could have coaxed, cajoled, or even strong armed him into a decent game.

I don't think that anyone could have coaxed, cajoled, or even strong armed him into a new contract, nor do I think that anyone could have coaxed, cajoled, or even strong armed him into a decent game.

Whenever you speak to an agent you need a lot of salt handy but Grant has always insisted to me that McKay wasn't as keen to leave as some say and that Rangers were just as much to blame for stalling on/changing the terms of contract offers.

Ultimately, I think we lost out and for all his faults McKay is a fine wee player that I certainly miss.

Whenever you speak to an agent you need a lot of salt handy but Grant has always insisted to me that McKay wasn't as keen to leave as some say and that Rangers were just as much to blame for stalling on/changing the terms of contract offers.

Ultimately, I think we lost out and for all his faults McKay is a fine wee player that I certainly miss.

So just where, and with whom, does the monkey lie?

As much as I dont rate Pedro, there is no way he was involved in transfer negotiations. Step forward and gives us answers Stewart? This is most definitely the remit of the CEO, and was a staggeringly bad piece of business, as most commented on at the time.

Off topic, but this point brings me round to my hobby horse which is around the strength and depth of the executive management team and their ability to keep on top of all the different plates that are spinning. Its been glaringly obvious for some time - and now we can start to pinpoint to areas where it has cost us money.

Off topic, but this point brings me round to my hobby horse which is around the strength and depth of the executive management team and their ability to keep on top of all the different plates that are spinning. Its been glaringly obvious for some time - and now we can start to pinpoint to areas where it has cost us money.

Unless Pena and Herrera all of a sudden become super players The Caixinha calamity must have cost at least 10 million.

I can't wait to see how you calculated that Pete.

Pena 3mill

Herrera 1mil

Dalcio wage + loan money

Pay off arabs ?????

7months wages ????

pay off 500.000

European money 2 million +

6 European games at Ibrox 3-4 million.

Can't be far short of 10 mill.