Neil McCann blasts Hibs star Anthony Stokes claims he punched Jack Hendry in the NUTS

The Dens Park manager was absolutely furious with the challenge that left Hendry rolling on the floor in agony in the Dark Blues' 2-1 loss to Hibs

FURIOUS Neil McCann accused Hibernian sub Anthony Stokes of punching Dundee centre-half Jack Hendry where it hurts the most.

Hendry – son of former Scotland legend Colin – fell to the ground in agony during a mass second half flare-up at Easter Road as the Hibees won 2-1 through goals by Martin Boyle, in the first minute, and Simon Murray.

And livid Dens Park boss McCann – his rock bottom side crashing to a fifth successive defeat – said: “Jack was punched in the b****.“The fourth official can see it – he said he has seen it and the referee is just calming it down.

“Then John Beaton gives a yellow card before booking MY player who had been punched.“After the game, John Beaton told me he goes on the information he has been given.

“That information was ‘the player has been struck by another player’.“He then says he didn’t deem it violent conduct, it was aggressive behaviour.

“It’s a DISGRACE he’s only booked.

“To rub salt in the wounds, he is the architect of the second goal – the guy who shouldn’t be on the pitch.“Every week I seem to have a big decision go against the team.“I’m not excusing the team because the defending was poor, but that aside it just beggars belief.”

McCann, meanwhile, also confirmed SunSport’s exclusive that first choice keeper Scott Bain had been dropped for ‘disciplinary’ reasons following a bitter bust-up with the player.

The axed Bain has the backing of PFA Scotland in a fight with the club over a fine of two weeks wages for his clash with McCann after last week’s 3-1 defeat to Hamilton Accies.

The Dundee boss said: “Scott Bain is something we will discuss at a later date.“There is an internal discipline process. I’ll be honest and up front when it’s done.”