Mad Joe : Another Poppy Trap Tomorrow.

Wouldn't surprise me. Watching MOTD JamesMacLean getting dogs abuse from Huddersfield supporters. GOOD.

Everyone now beginning to turn on these pondlife. Long May that continue

James MacLean would not have been in the match day squad if I was his manager.

They have only played Celtc once in Perth in that strip. Can't be an old pic. Maybe the player's shirt got ripped and he got a replacement.

Remembrance Sunday is next weekend anyway, so I don't see the fuss.

They have only played Celtc once in Perth in that strip. Can't be an old pic. Maybe the player's shirt got ripped and he got a replacement.

Remembrance Sunday is next weekend anyway, so I don't see the fuss.

Maybe that particular player choose not to wear a poppy? Who is the republican supporting St Johnstone player not showing respect for the fallen?

My grandad, my mothers father, had absolutely no interest in football. He refused his own fathers request that he become a freemason, losing inheritance of the family business by doing so. He married an RC and had 6 daughters , all brought up practicing RC's. I never in the whole time I knew him heard him make a religious or political remark. The only time I ever heard him say anything at all controversial was when he said that on the day WW2 was declared you couldn't get near Broomielaw for all those heading back to Ireland.

Yes I know that many from Eire fought beside our boys. A good friend of mine served alongside some of them. But it's the plastic paddys I simply cannot stand. They live here while loving the ouwld country but feck off over the water the first time they are asked to justify their existence.

For a brief period at the beginning of WW2 Churchill actually contemplated invading Ireland due to Nazi sympathising coming from the Irish PM. An example of that from the very end of the war when Germany was already defeated with the Russians already IN Berlin but no surrender yet. So the sympathising can't be put down to fears of antagonising what at the outset appeared to be an ascendant and unbeatable Nazi Germany.

Although Ireland stayed neutral throughout the war, De Valera incensed London by offering his condolences to the German ambassador in Dublin on the death of Hitler.

The invasion plan was contemplated because there were valid worries of German agents operating in Ireland and perhaps even a German invasion of Ireland. Think how much more they would be screaming if that had happened despite the fact the Irish PM was offering condolences for one of the most reviled mass murderers in human history.

Having had a look at some pictures and their game report, it looks like St. Johnstone didn't wear poppies either ...

Definitive statement in this article ...

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-slammed-not-wearing-poppies-11476854

Celtic slammed for not wearing poppies ... by one of their own fans – Hotline

Brendan Rodgers and his players didn’t mark Remembrance Day with symbol and it made some punters angry – as Euan McLean found out. ...

4600A67400000578-5049517-image-a-31_1509802952404.jpg

14387752.jpg

St Johnstone’s players wore poppies on their shirts but Celtic’s did not

The nation we were at war with twice in a generation are going to be wearing poppies. But the faux Irish born and raised in Britain? Nope.

England and Germany to wear black armbands bearing poppies at Wembley

England and Germany players will wear black armbands bearing poppies for Friday's friendly at Wembley.

The tribute is in remembrance of members of the armed forces, said the Football Association (FA) and German Football Association (DFB).

FA chief executive Martin Glenn called it "a show of solidarity and unity".

It comes after rules were changed last month, allowing the home nations to wear a poppy if opposing teams and the competition organiser agree to it.

Wales will also wear black armbands bearing poppies for Friday's friendly football international against France in Paris.

England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland were all fined for displaying poppies during games in November 2016 as Fifa deemed it to be a political symbol.

But all four teams said they would request permission to wear poppies during November's international matches after the rules were revised.

DFB president Reinhard Grindel said poppy armbands were not "political propaganda".

"They're about remembering the kind of values that were kicked to the ground in two World Wars but are cherished by football: respect, tolerance, and humanity," he said.

A replica of 'The Truce' statue, which depicts the historic World War I ceasefire where peace and games of football broke out between English and German troops on Christmas Day in 1914, will be on temporary display beside the Bobby Moore statue at Wembley Stadium.

The FA and DFB also plan to commemorate Armistice Day on 11 November in a number of other ways:

RAF, Army and Navy representatives will lay wreaths before kick-off.

A period of silence will be held before kick-off and after the national anthems.

During the silence, the Wembley Stadium arch will be lit in red and 'Football Remembers' will be displayed on the stadium screen.

A banner parade, involving representatives from the military, will take place inside the stadium before kick-off.

There will be poppy and St George's flag T-shirt layouts for fans in the east and west stands.

Poppy sellers will be at Wembley Stadium in the fanzone, concourses and on Olympic Way.

Northern Ireland host Switzerland in the first leg of their play-off for the 2018 World Cup while Scotland face the Netherlands at Pittodrie in a friendly on Thursday.