Hearts 1 - 3 Rangers - Player Ratings and MoM Poll

Testing out a new feature on the main site today so please click on the link and take part in the poll.

http://www.gersnet.co.uk/index.php/news-category/match-analysis/819-hearts-1-3-rangers-player-ratings-and-motm-poll

Despite Hearts taking a lead against the run of play in the first half, the home side failed to kill off the Light Blues and reinstated captain Kenny Miller helped lead the Ibrox men to a somewhat unexpected win at Murrayfield.

Check out our player ratings from the game and vote for your man of the match in the poll below. Remember you can use the comments section below the article or join our popular forum to add your thoughts in more detail!

Our man of the match was Jason Holt.

hearts_ratings.jpg

Wes Foderingham - 7

No chance with Lafferty free-kick but did keep Rangers in the game with an excellent save shortly after. As comfortable a second half as he's had this season.

James Tavernier - 7

After two poor outings in recent weeks, it was good to see the right back doing what he does best - namely getting forward and creating chances. Cross for the second goal was sublime but his overall play also at a better level.

Ross McCrorie - 7

Guilty of a rash challenge to give Hearts the free kick for the opening goal, the young defender recovered well to once again show his potential as a future Scotland defender. Good on the ball and not afraid to mix it, McCrorie has it all.

Danny Wilson - 7

One of Rangers brightest prospects in his previous spell the defender has struggled to fulfill that potential in his second spell. However, he played well on Saturday and can be happy with his return to the team.

Declan John - 7

Perhaps quieter than Tavernier on the other flank, John nevertheless worked hard throughout and can be happy with his contribution in defence and attack.

Ryan Jack - 7

The former Aberdeen captain has had an impressive début season so far for Rangers and showed up well again on Saturday. If he can sort out his issues with indiscipline then there's no reason he can't improve further.

Jason Holt - 9 (Gersnet Man of the Match)

Rarely utilised earlier in the season, Holt has shown up well of late and was arguably our most important player at Murrayfield. His energy, hard-work and

ability to crop up anywhere on the pitch ensures Rangers can transition from defence to attack more efficiently than when Pena plays.

Daniel Candeias - 6

The Portuguese winger has done very well this season but has been less effective recently and this was the case again versus Hearts. However, the lad continues to work hard and helps create space for others to take advantage of.

Kenny Miller - 8

The veteran forward's apparent fall out with the previous manager resulted in a lack of game-time recently but Miller looked sharp and focussed. Two goals and a superb assist should mean he's a certain starter again this weekend.

Josh Windass - 6

Like Candeias, Windass also had a fairly quiet game but as well as securing the points with a fine finish from an exquisite Miller pass, he could easily have grabbed another, instead hitting the post from a Tavernier cut back.

Alfredo Morelos - 8

It's a real pity the young Columbian hasn't been able to find the net lately as his overall play remains first class. Just as his nickname suggests he's incredible strong and never gives up. A real find from Jonatan Johansson.

Substitutions:

Jamie Barjonas - 5

The young midfielder showed last season he can be relied upon in central midfield but only had a late cameo at the weekend.

Eduardo Herrera - 5

The Mexican striker has been unable to force his way into the starting XI but continues to be a useful option from the bench.

Ryan Hardie - 5

Now 20 years old, Hardie really needs game time to show he can feature regularly for Rangers. Little chance to impress on Saturday.

BTW, I meant to say if anyone else fancies submitting their ratings (in the same format - a sensible rating for each player along with a couple of sentences on their performance) then I can use it in the same way after each game and create the graphic. Doesn't have to me doing the ratings... :)

Nice one Frankie, not a lot to argue with on the ratings either. I wouldnt have given as many marks to two or three players, but I certainly agree with Holt as the MOTM who I thought stood out head and shoulders above everyone else on Saturday, it was the easiest pick all season. I'd be worried if anyone didnt think Holt was MOTM!

In your McCrorie bit, you say a rash challenge for the foul that led to their goal. Now I have only seen it live from my seat but it looked a great tackle to me and another Thomson error. Did TV footage show otherwise?

Candieas & Windass are fortunate to score so highly as I thought both were fairly poor, but I partly put that down to the windy conditions where balls were launched at them rather than passed and it was difficult for them to get one on one or even to find space to move into.

Agree with Morelos, another really impressive performance despite not scoring, but he really needs a goal or two this weekend to get him back to full confidence.

In your McCrorie bit, you say a rash challenge for the foul that led to their goal. Now I have only seen it live from my seat but it looked a great tackle to me and another Thomson error. Did TV footage show otherwise?

Clear foul, in my opinion.