Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

I’m trying to watch aberdeen a bit more than usual this afternoon rather than just us. Have to admit that despite us being up 1-0 and despite us pretty much dominating play... I don’t think the way they are trying to play is all that bad. They are using wingers in Wright and Stewart, looking to get it wide and get early balls in. They’ve also been trying to play a possession game. The issue they have is, as was the case Wednesday, they are coming up against a motivated Rangers side who is giving them very little time on the ball, very little space, being physical.

In fact, actually looks to me as if the Rangers players know it will be McInnes and that the last two games has been an audition for them. The work rate has been markedly higher the last two games.

What is it with you folks? We beat his team, not him personally. When he comes to - just in case - he'll have 20odd different players at his disposal of a better quality than what he has now. Had his lot beaten us, which was, truth be told, very much on the cards 6 days ago, would we laud him for his greatness? A touch more perspective is required.

NB: Just imagine we had slaughterd Accies due to the chances we created and had not been humbled by Dundee, we'd be 1 point behind the Scum ... who would want another manager?

Edited by der Berliner

What is it with you folks? We beat his team, not him personally. When he comes to - just in case - he'll have 20odd different players at his disposal of a better quality than what he has now. Had his lot beaten us, which was, truth be told, very much on the cards 6 days ago, would we laud him for his greatness? A touch more perspective is required.

NB: Just imagine we had slaughterd Accies due to the chances we created and had not been humbled by Dundee, we'd be 1 point behind the Scum ... who would want another manager?

In your opinion!!, some us have a different opinion!, doesn't make any of us right!

I've said it from day one when he was first mentioned that I like Derek he's a good lad but I don't want him as Rangers manager and my opinion hasn't changed regardless of whether we beat the team he manages at the moment or not.

Edited by Big Jaws

Anyone who wants Mcinnes as manager needs their head examined.

I think we're in the realm of "I just don't like the guy". Maybe it's the beard.

No amount of scrutiny of Aberdeen FC will reveal how McInnes will fare at Ibrox.

I think we're in the realm of "I just don't like the guy". Maybe it's the beard.

No amount of scrutiny of Aberdeen FC will reveal how McInnes will fare at Ibrox.

That's a bit insulting, frankly. However, I'll refrain from further comment on the vacuity of your observation.

Actually, I have worn beards, various, at times, various, so my view has nothing to do with facial hair.

For me, among other things, McInnes has failed, publicly, a 2 part audition for the job.

Edited by Uilleam

That's a bit insulting, frankly. However, I'll refrain from further comment on the vacuity of your observation.

Actually, I have worn beards, various, at times, various, so my view has nothing to do with facial hair.

For me, among other things, McInnes has failed, publicly, a 2 part audition for the job.

I'm still not campaigning for McInnes but he has been securing them second place finishes with league 1 freebies and no transfer budget. It remains to be seen what he could do with a better quality squad and a multi million transfer budget to improve it.

Ha ha, cheers

shutterstock_207107347-998x667.jpg