Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

So it's McInnes, then; a diet of kailyard fitba' beckons.

At least fhilthfootballclub, and its acolytes and fellow travellers in the media will be pleased that we, at last, appear to "know our place".

Still, he has a better record than Owen Coyle, apparently, so perhaps we should be grateful for that smallest crumb of mercy.

I've got little doubt that Wright would move to Aberdeen if McInnes comes to us. TW is a really good manager and there wouldn't be much of a change required for him or the team. I'm still struggling to come to terms with DM as our manager though. Hopefully I'll be able to change this feeling, but it's just causing me to lack enthusiasm. I've still not recovered from PC being sacked. I'm not sure what's got to happen to reignite the enthusiasm, but I'm hoping whatever it is, it happens soon.

Advocaat over McInnes. He's available plus has the British / Scottish experience. However no way will it be Advocaat, King said its a decision they are getting right for the next 3 years, Advocaat would be a short term until the end of the season.
Youd neen to be cracked to want advocaat over anyine

" Derek McInnes is the massive odds-on favourite to become the next permanent Rangers manager following a shift in the bookmakers’ prices.

SkyBet priced McInnes as the huge frontrunner at 1/8 on Saturday afternoon as he soared ahead of other candidates in the betting race to take over the Ibrox dugout.

Former Middlesbrough boss Aitor Karanka (7/1) is now the second favourite to replace Pedro Caixinha, followed by current caretaker Graeme Murty (9/1) and ex-Ibrox manager Alex McLeish (12/1). "

I think he will come in and make us hard to beat. I even think he will get us three wins in a row. However, what I find uninspiring is that we won't have our own style, and this is something I'm desperate for us to develop. He is a safe pair of hands, and perhaps I (and many others on here) just have to accept that we need stability for a while, at the expense of hope. PC and MW created hope and I liked that. They came with a chance of building something unique and special. I was excited by MW and PC, and there's no doubt that they brought an identifiable style of play with them. Some of the football we played (notwithstanding the poor results) is some of the best I've seen in years. If only the players had the determination, character, and aggression to go with it, things would be vey different now.

However, DM has shown at previous clubs that he can get results at the expense of anything particularly inspiring. If he is appointed, I'll have to adapt to taking enjoyment from results rather than style. That's not something I'm going to find easy. I've really been hoping that MW left his magic hat behind so Mark Allen could pull someone exciting from it.

I actually thought PC had no idea what style he wanted and neither did the players. I actually think that was his downfall that he didn't have a scooby what way to play.

I actually thought PC had no idea what style he wanted and neither did the players. I actually think that was his downfall that he didn't have a scooby what way to play.

You're right. In retrospect he gave a great impersonation of someone making it up as he went.

You're right. In retrospect he gave a great impersonation of someone making it up as he went.

You're wrong. In retrospect, not only was there a recognisable style, it was actually working well, albeit not consistently enough. :D

You're wrong. In retrospect, not only was there a recognisable style, it was actually working well, albeit not consistently enough. :D

Your right! Chaos is also a style. Kids even walk about with ripped trousers these days.