Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

Where's the disagree button. You don't ask permission to speak to a candidate after 6 weeks deliberation unless you have decided he is the preferred candidate.

Disagree! (We do need a disagree button... perhaps something for the upgrade?)

Surely there are several options we approach to talk?

I think we're kidding ourselves on if we don't think back channels are used before payers and staff are approached.

After six weeks I don't think I'm being unkind by offering strong criticism.

It's your prerogative to do so. Doesn't make it fact though.

Much as though back channels are used all the time, I would almost be disappointed if we had used them. It is, effectively, tapping up. And I would rather we conduct our business in the proper, appropriate manner.

Where's the disagree button. You don't ask permission to speak to a candidate after 6 weeks deliberation unless you have decided he is the preferred candidate.

So you think it entirely appropriate that the Board had only ONE candidate in mind, without interviewing anyone else ?

Couldn't disagree more. The Board have already said that candidates they are interested in are currently employed. Choosing just one as your preferred candidate, and then deciding he is the man for the job without even having had the chance to speak to him - would be, IMHO, negligent.

Not that I know anything, but Östersund's season for this year has ended and they will play their last game of 2017 tonight against Hertha Berlin in the EL tonight. Should Potter be another target, it would be an honorable thing for the club to only speak to him if this still important game is out of the way. Like we did with the double-header against the Sheep.

One smallish foreigner with a big heart once said: "If people don't want to come to us, it is their loss, not ours!"

Edited by der Berliner

Completely disagree.

Of course you can speak to the manager of a rival club without necessarily offering him the job - its part of the recruitment process. Regardless........ how could we offer him the job when we had been refused permission to speak to him ??

Just because they want 1 million compensation doesn't mean that you have to offer him the job. Indeed, given the club said that the candidates they were interested in were all currently employed I would argue that it would be negligent of the Board to basically say "lets pick one and go with him" instead of asking permission to speak with 3 or 4 currently employed managers.

Let's look at that process.

1. It's been six weeks.

2. We know McInnes is going to cost circa £1m.

3. We know Aberdeen won't want to deal with us.

4, McInnes has hardly been glowing in his comments (see post match Sunday).

5. We know our fans aren't overly excited about the appointment.

Yet, we're to believe the board only contacted Aberdeen to speak with their manager as part of a range of candidate interviews.

Sorry, don't buy that whatsoever.

Doesn't bode well for us that McInnes prefers to stay somewhere that he has already reached his glass ceiling and after four years, seemed the perfect time to move on.

I reckon he'll go backwards to 3rd, maybe even 4th and have a support who won't have much patience for him.

Good God, gentlemen, and ladies, and those who identify otherwise,

Rangers is bigger than Derek fucking McInnes!!

Personally, I am unconcerned that he will remain with the scrapies. He has elected to take the safe, comfortable, easy option, in the middle lane ; that is his prerogative, but it is a choice which clearly indicates that he is neither fit nor proper to manage Rangers.

Onward and upward.

So you think it entirely appropriate that the Board had only ONE candidate in mind, without interviewing anyone else ?

Couldn't disagree more. The Board have already said that candidates they are interested in are currently employed. Choosing just one as your preferred candidate, and then deciding he is the man for the job without even having had the chance to speak to him - would be, IMHO, negligent.

I await the next candidate to be interviewed or not then.