Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

He failed to win at Ibrox, despite having, we are told a bigger and better squad, and thus being favoured to win. His team on Wed looked average, average to poor, for the most part, and never really looked like it was in the running. He fails to win at the piggery, consistently.

He may win at Pittodrie on Sunday, but in the big games away from home, he flops. As I said, he failed his screen test on Wednesday night, and what happens on Sunday matters not one whit.

Maybe Aberdeen were average on Wednesday because of the way we played. Ruling a manager out because his team lost a game is a bit silly. No one is saying McInnes will turn is into a team of world beaters or that we'll go on an unbeaten run of 66 games but he did really well with St Johnstone and so far he's got pass marks at Aberdeen.

Stevie Clark looks a very interesting candidate, the betting is on McInnes but as an outside choice bet i would put a flutter on him.

Would he really leave Killie so early after being appointed ?

Maybe Aberdeen were average on Wednesday because of the way we played. Ruling a manager out because his team lost a game is a bit silly. No one is saying McInnes will turn is into a team of world beaters or that we'll go on an unbeaten run of 66 games but he did really well with St Johnstone and so far he's got pass marks at Aberdeen.

It's not silly. You should read what people say.

He shows nothing in the 'big games' to impress me. If he could go to Ibrox and porkheid and win, or even put up a decent showing, it would indicate something.

The argument pro McInnes seems to be that he will tighten Rangers up, make us harder to beat, and defeat, regularly, most of the other, smaller sides. Fine; the flaw is, of course, that by doing that, he makes the games versus fhilthfc even more critical than they always are.....and these matches are the very ones he bolloxes.

At least one thing about McInnes is consistency he is a born second all the way , get real Rangers the fans are getting fed up with playing second fiddle if your happy to be second then he is the man .

I honestly dont know mate , it depends on the footballing philosophy , however i wouldnt rule out a foreign coach just because of pedro .

It will also depend on the money available , this board talk a good game .

It is a massive call for Mark Allen and will show just how much independence he has .

My issue with D McI is i dont believe he has enough stature for where we are plus i dont think he plays good enough football , but what do i know .