Yellow / Red Cards Stats

It is not really strange as I would imagine they average 60-70% possession even over Rangers.

It is strange considering some of the tackles they have got away with over the years. Kung Fu Gordon and Scott 'elbows' Brown are just two who seem to have a vaccination against red cards.

It is strange considering some of the tackles they have got away with over the years. Kung Fu Gordon and Scott 'elbows' Brown are just two who seem to have a vaccination against red cards.

That is a different story that they there has been incidents where players probably should have been sent off but referee's are sometimes strange people. Why Stokes was not sent off for the foul on Tav I will never know. every team will have tackles that the ref interprets differently from what we think. that is not just Rangers or Celtic or even Scotland. Every week I see pundits on Dutch TV on German TV and on Match of the Day and they all have incidents where the ref got it completely wrong, I saw on German TV this week the ref making a decision using the video recorder and that is definitely the way to go. Unfortunately I don't know if all Scottish clubs could afford it.

Pete said, " Unfortunately I don't know if all Scottish clubs could afford it. "

All it takes is for the number of staff within the SFA, SPFL, etc to get reduced, cheaper tailors for the blazers to be used, and a cutback on jollies , class of airfare and hotels for all those sooking money out of football and we'd be able to afford it.

I was thinking about this very subject over the weekend. I decided to look at a particular example and the stats are interesting. Ryan Jack played with Aberdeen and received 2 double yellows and 1 straight red over 7 years. He has played with us for roughly three months and has received a double yellow and a straight red so far. What has happened to Ryan in three months has he become some sort of hatchet man all of a sudden?

http://uk.soccerway.com/players/ryan-jack/46472/

EDIT: The straight red was against Hibernian (which was rescinded on appeal).

Edited by Big Jaws

I was thinking about this very subject over the weekend. I decided to look at a particular example and the stats are interesting. Ryan Jack played with Aberdeen and received 2 double yellows and 1 straight red over 7 years. He has played with us for roughly three months and has received a double yellow and a straight red so far. What has happened to Ryan in three months has he become some sort of hatchet man all of a sudden?

http://uk.soccerway.com/players/ryan-jack/46472/

EDIT: The straight red was against Hibernian (which was rescinded on appeal).

Hibs was a laugh but Hamilton was certainly 2 yellow cards.

Hibs was a laugh but Hamilton was certainly 2 yellow cards.

I take your point about the Hibs game it was a joke, not a very funny one, but a joke none the less.

Don't get me wrong I think that both of Jacks challenges were fouls against Hamilton I just don't think that every challenge is a yellow card Pete and its decisions like that in the administration of our game that is killing it. Take Penas challenge that he did get carded for for example, thats a yellow all day long, and most likely a red too, regardless of what we think his intent was because he's gone over the top of the ball so theres only really one intent. The same can be said about the Thistle challenges too but not much said or done about either of them both were over the top of the ball again yellow cards and most likely reds. I'm not buying the "he didny mean it" baloney from the likes of the Scotsport team clowns because if you're going over the ball in a challenge at SPFL level its not just because you're late to the challenge its because you're going over the ball.

I take your point about the Hibs game it was a joke, not a very funny one, but a joke none the less.

Don't get me wrong I think that both of Jacks challenges were fouls against Hamilton I just don't think that every challenge is a yellow card Pete and its decisions like that in the administration of our game that is killing it. Take Penas challenge that he did get carded for for example, thats a yellow all day long, and most likely a red too, regardless of what we think his intent was because he's gone over the top of the ball so theres only really one intent. The same can be said about the Thistle challenges too but not much said or done about either of them both were over the top of the ball again yellow cards and most likely reds. I'm not buying the "he didny mean it" baloney from the likes of the Scotsport team clowns because if you're going over the ball in a challenge at SPFL level its not just because you're late to the challenge its because you're going over the ball.

It does not matter if you mean it or not these days. A possible injury causing tackle is a red card.

It does not matter if you mean it or not these days. A possible injury causing tackle is a red card.

We're not debating that Pete because if we were we'd get football stopped because every contact is potentially injurious. We're debating whether or not we agree with the referee that both Ryan Jacks challenges on Friday evening against Hamilton were bookings or not, you think they were, I think they were fouls but not bookings. I can live with not agreeing with people about it.