Neil Lennon has promised to keep his emotions in check...

...if Hibs pull off a shock victory at Parkhead.

The Easter Road boss will be in the opposition dugout at Celtic Park for the first time on Saturday afternoon.

NEIL LENNON has vowed he won’t celebrate if Hibs upset the odds at Celtic Park.The Easter Road boss will be in the opposition dugout for the first time on Saturday afternoon.

But, out of respect for the club where he enjoyed 11 trophy-laden seasons as both player and manager, Lennon has promised to keep his emotions in check if Hibs pull off a shock victory.

He said: “People say: ‘Will you enjoy it?’ No, I won’t. Either way it will be difficult to enjoy it.“But as long as my team plays well and we get a positive result then I can come away satisfied.

“If we win, I’ll not be celebrating. It’s three points and we move on.“And if we get beaten, I’ll be very upset, but that’s the standards we set for them.“I think it will be difficult to take emotion out of it.

“It’s been a while since I’ve been back to Parkhead in a competitive manner, three or four years now.“Yes, I’ve been back for functions and press duties, but this is work. I’ve got to put that to one side.”

Lennon — who was criticised by Rangers for celebrating Hibs’ 3-2 win at Ibrox — also admitted he would take no great satisfaction from ending Celtic’s incredible 57-match unbeaten domestic run.

He said: “That makes no difference to me, it’s not my record.“It is irrelevant to me that they are on this great run of domestic games.“If we were to break it, so be it. It will end at some stage.“But that wouldn’t make me any happier.“It’d be a fantastic win and three points. That’s all I’m thinking about.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1629816/neil-lennon-wont-celebrate-hibs-celtic-shock-win/