Miller banished from first team according to DR

What do you mean by "that doesn't mean he's right"? Right about what, do you know what the alleged fall out is about because I don't? No matter who is 'right' it's a dicey strategy to banish him to the under-20s, that's a very public humiliation for a popular and experienced pro, the other players will have a view on that.

I can only assume Miller has his doubts about the manager and that's fine as we all do. I also doubt the manager would avoid such criticism (hence a player meeting) but this week's press coverage where someone has been leaking such information to the press may have resulted in Miller being dropped.

As we seen in the PLG era and from many other examples, it's a risky strategy for a manager to do this but neither is it always the wrong call - especially if said player in question has been crap this season and is leaking to a paper that fans are boycotting.

Of course all this is dependent on whether or not the info is true but it seems to be. And there's no doubt that over the years Miller has been the source of leaks as well.

Ultimately, we're back to our usual position of shambles. That's more depressing than anything else ahead of a vital game before a two week break.

This one has been running for over a week if the mank forums are to be believed. It was alleged that Miller was openly critical of Pedros training regime, staff handling and team tactics.

I preferred to believe it was shyt stirring. Apparently I was wrong.

Miller would have been better concentrating on his own game. His performances have been woeful this season.

Yeah, but there's dropping him from the side for poor form and there's making him train with the under 20s. They send very different messages.

Something tells me that Miller would not have reacted well to being dropped for poor form. As I said earlier he seems to think he has some special status within Rangers. Like McCulloch did.

I have never heard the likes of this before: breach of discipline and betrayal of confidence results in disciplinary action.

Apparently, "The whole place is in a state of shock", and, "The whole Club is in crisis".

I have heard the like of this before: hyperbole, turning a blustery wind into Hurricane Keef.

Here is the 'article'....

Rangers boss Pedro Caixinha AXES Kenny Miller from squad and banishes star to play in youth team

Record Sport understands veteran vice skipper Miller has been told he will play no part in Caixinha’s plans after a traumatic week at Murray Park.

BY KEITH JACKSON

08:00, 29 SEP 2017 UPDATED 08:12, 29 SEP 2017

SPORT

Rangers boss Pedro Caixinha has axed talisman Kenny Miller from his squad for tonight’s crunch showdown with Hamilton.

Record Sport understands veteran vice skipper Miller has been told he will play no part in Caixinha’s plans for what has become a must win match on the back of a traumatic week at Murray Park.

Instead the 38-year-old has been ordered to join the under 20 squad who will travel to London to play Brentford’s youngsters this weekend.

The shock move comes after Caixinha declared war on his own dressing room in a bad tempered crisis meeting on Monday following Saturday’s defeat to Celtic at Ibrox.

Record Sport revealed that the under fire boss had pointed a furious finger of blame at his home based players - accusing them of failing to welcome him, his staff and his foreign signings to the club.

He also launched a stinging attack on stand in captain Graham Dorrans for handing the armband to Miller without being instructed to do so after the veteran had replaced Carlos Pena from the bench during the second half.

Now it appears as if Miller - a stalwart for the club during three separate terms as a player - has been singled out for punishment.

A source close to the row told Record Sport: “The whole place is in a state of shock. The manager has declared war on his dressing room and has now singled out the club’s most important player.

Miller's exile is the latest development in a dramatic week at Ibrox (Image: SNS Group)

“Kenny prides himself on being a model professional and a guy who lives and breathes Rangers

"It’s disgraceful and grossly unfair that his name has been blackened in this way. It feels like he’s being made a scapegoat and the whole club is in a state of crisis.”

Edited by Uilleam

I can only assume Miller has his doubts about the manager and that's fine as we all do. I also doubt the manager would avoid such criticism (hence a player meeting) but this week's press coverage where someone has been leaking such information to the press may have resulted in Miller being dropped.

As we seen in the PLG era and from many other examples, it's a risky strategy for a manager to do this but neither is it always the wrong call - especially if said player in question has been crap this season and is leaking to a paper that fans are boycotting.

Of course all this is dependent on whether or not the info is true but it seems to be. And there's no doubt that over the years Miller has been the source of leaks as well.

Ultimately, we're back to our usual position of shambles. That's more depressing than anything else ahead of a vital game before a two week break.

It clearly has some substance. I'm only speculating but if Miller has voiced concerns over the managers training and tactics perhaps the manager should be taking note of them instead of punishing him like a child. Whether he's past it or not he's still a player with 69 caps who has played in four league winning sides as well as half a dozen cups, he'll have some insight into what a winning club looks like.

In some ways it's a shame it's Miller because he's almost as polarising as Caixinha with the support.

Something tells me that Miller would not have reacted well to being dropped for poor form. As I said earlier he seems to think he has some special status within Rangers. Like McCulloch did.

I suspect he is hoping to replace PC