PRESS CONFERENCE | Pedro Caixinha | 21 Sept 2017

Every time I hear him at these press conferences, the more I like him. Some of the journalists just don't appreciate that they have a guy who not only answers their questions honestly, but also tries to make sure they understand him. He gives them examples when he thinks they don't understand and they should be grateful for the footballing/tactical lessons he's giving them.

Anyone who reads the forums will know that I enjoy the tactical side of the game, and he's so good at explaining what we do and why we do it. His explanation of the goal we conceded when Alves was trying to play them offside was so interesting. It's a breath of fresh air to have a manager who is open and happy to explain himself. I'd much rather that than the usual cliches that roll off the tongues of most other managers.

As for the provocation of Morelos, it's a fact that he will be targeted, and I think PC is clever in spelling that out. There's no doubt we have a very smart man in charge. Whether he's smart enough to overcome the chasm between us and them is a different story, but he's clearly confident about it.

I'm sure the media (ie. Mutton) will have a field day with some of Pedro's comments - in particular the ones about Morelos being provoked & possibly about the obstruction of the GK at set pieces.

He's playing the game. The media have spent all week talking about Morelos getting red carded or being temperamental. Pedro is firing back in an effort to influence the officials in our favour, the same way as the rags influence it against us.

He is a very astute, intelligent man is Pedro - and quickly learning that officials CAN be influenced and that we should play the game the Tims have been playing for decades.

He's playing the game. The media have spent all week talking about Morelos getting red carded or being temperamental. Pedro is firing back in an effort to influence the officials in our favour, the same way as the rags influence it against us.

He is a very astute, intelligent man is Pedro - and quickly learning that officials CAN be influenced and that we should play the game the Tims have been playing for decades.

The unfortunate things is most Referee's seem to be tims.