To: The House of Commons - End the BBC Licence Fee

BBC is a great deal for the money. They produce many quality programmes (as well as shite for the masses to be fair)

2 beefs

1) BBC Scotland sports department is out of control and not conforming to the BBC charter. They've been infested with producers and "journalists" with an obvious agenda and it seems have been able to do very little about it

2) they are a mouthpiece for the government (ie right wing tory nutters) and both their international and UK news is blatant government (Tory) propaganda. You only need to listen to that odious right wing cow Kuesenberg to realise that. You'll get a more balanced reporting of international and domestic events from RT and the now banned Press TV

however the rest of their output produces quality simply because it's not advert led and financed by rich people like the owners of Sky, Express and Mail who are only interested in what's good for them

Edited by colinstein

BBC is a great deal for the money. They produce many quality programmes (as well as shite for the masses to be fair)

2 beefs

1) BBC Scotland sports department is out of control and not conforming to the BBC charter. They've been infested with producers and "journalists" with an obvious agenda and it seems have been able to do very little about it

2) they are a mouthpiece for the government (ie right wing tory nutters) and both their international and UK news is blatant government (Tory) propaganda. You only need to listen to that odious right wing cow Kuesenberg [sic] to realise that. You'll get a more balanced reporting of international and domestic events from RT and the now banned Press TV

however the rest of their output produces quality simply because it's not advert led and financed by rich people like the owners of Sky, Express and Mail who are only interested in what's good for them

Funny you should mention that.

Politicians and social media companies must clamp down on the increasingly “explicit and aggressive” abuse suffered by BBC journalists, according to the chairman of the public broadcaster.

David Clementi said it was unacceptable for politicians to “stand by and watch” heckling at press conferences and said the corporation’s female journalists in particular were being targeted by abusers on and offline.

Speaking at the Royal Television Society convention in Cambridge, he said: “Speaking to our journalists, I have become increasingly aware of the abuse that some of them – particularly female journalists – are subject to on an almost daily basis.”

He did not name any of those targeted, but Laura Kuenssberg has frequently been targeted with sexist abuse online and the broadcaster is understood to have given her access to a bodyguard during the general election campaign.

The BBC political editor was hissed at and booed at Labour and Ukip press conferences this year and has received criticism from Conservative supporters, with the Daily Telegraph asking if she is the “most divisive woman on TV today”.

In his speech, Clementi said some of the abuse occurred “in plain sight, at press conferences and political gatherings on all sides.

“Politicians cannot stand by and watch – they must confront any abuse, and make it clear that it is intolerable,” he said. “The journalists of the BBC, when abused simply for doing their job, should know they have the determined support of the board to stamp it out.”

As well as calling for politicians to stand up against the abuse of journalists, Clementi called for Facebook and Twitter to do more. “These days, there is much more abuse. It is increasingly explicit and aggressive, and much of it occurs online,” he said.

“I welcome the work the government is doing to tackle this, and I’m following closely the efforts of Twitter and Facebook, amongst others, to clamp down on the perpetrators. I hope the social media platforms do even more.”

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/sep/13/bbc-chair-calls-for-end-to-abuse-of-journalists-especially-women

I saw that.....the idea that the odious millionaire's daughter Kuesenberg is "being abused " is nonsense of course. Let's see any video of Kuesenberg interviewing Labour politicians "being abused"....even when sticking her poison in. Of course there isn't any....total pish and deflection by rich, right wing reporters and placemen who are shitting themselves that their number is up....the arsehole Robinson is another one

I saw that.....the idea that the odious millionaire's daughter Kuesenberg [sic] is "being abused " is nonsense of course. Let's see any video of Kuesenberg [sic] interviewing Labour politicians "being abused"....even when sticking her poison in. Of course there isn't any....total pish and deflection by rich, right wing reporters and placemen who are shitting themselves that their number is up....the arsehole Robinson is another one

Well I think she is being abused.

For example I saw one particularly nasty character sticking his poison in online.

He was calling her an odious cow.

I really enjoy a lot of the documentaries on BBC4 and watch it regularly. BBC Scotland and the website, however, are tools for anti-British, globalist fifth columnists - so I'm in a bit of a quandry with this petition.

I can't stand Laura Kuenssberg. She makes my skin crawl.

I really enjoy a lot of the documentaries on BBC4 and watch it regularly. BBC Scotland and the website, however, are tools for anti-British, globalist fifth columnists - so I'm in a bit of a quandry with this petition.

I can't stand Laura Kuenssberg. She makes my skin crawl.

After the licence fee is scrapped you could pay a subscription fee for BBC4 documentaries.