Fabio Settling In Well

it must be one the downsides of being a modern day football star. Living out of hotel rooms and the like, on yearly contracts. Where did Kenny Millar live when he was in Turkey for example.....when I think of it, Advocaat lived in some hotel complex at Loch Lomond...gaza as well

I reckon the off field life of a footballer must be shite

Depends what way you look at it. There will be downsides, like not having a home or any real job security. But then there's the upsides - excellent pay, nice ladies will be game and you get loads of free time.

Any time Gerard Pique wants to give up on Shakira and £100k a week, I'm sure millions of men would gladly take over.

it must be one the downsides of being a modern day football star. Living out of hotel rooms and the like, on yearly contracts. Where did Kenny Millar live when he was in Turkey for example.....when I think of it, Advocaat lived in some hotel complex at Loch Lomond...gaza as well

I reckon the off field life of a footballer must be shite

I'm sure the many millions they make will more than make up for some of the "hassles"

Depends what way you look at it. There will be downsides, like not having a home or any real job security. But then there's the upsides - excellent pay, nice ladies will be game and you get loads of free time.

Any time Gerard Pique wants to give up on Shakira and £100k a week, I'm sure millions of men would gladly take over.

With the wages they get a month's wage would buy them a very nice property no matter where they are, I am sure - maybe 2 months wages - either way, they can overcome such difficulties as not being able to set down roots.

what would you do with lots of free time , living in a hotel in a place you don't know......big money, enjoyable job, ..most would do it of course...doesn't make off field life any less shite.....just like any worker who has to travel

I work away a lot. Spend quite some time in hotels. No where near the level of these guys but he will probably get free food. Nice breakie made for him and like others have touched on a pretty decent lifestyle.

Good sign he is settling in. Hope the others are on a similar boat

yep......bored to death....but for that sort of money anyone would put up with it

you think how fortunate Rooney was

Everton, Man u and back.....luxury of staying in his own manner as Becks would have said

It's serious shit being a travelling man ....was that Dolly Parton or Leonard Cohen ?

bet there's guys in digs playing for Brora..........

Well Dickey Betts was born a Travellin' Man. Life is what you make it and plenty of married blokes might think travelling seems far more fun than being stuck in the same place, with a wife borrowing cash and kids doing your nut in.

I don't think I've ever encountered anyone who feels sorry for footballers before (apart from injured ones).

Edited by Gonzo79