Possible Chivas link-up

Lifted from FF:

6th September, 2017, 12:23 PM

By Harry Sykes

Rangers could be set for a link-up with Mexican giants Chivas after their chief executive flew to Scotland for talks with Pedro Caixinha.

The Ibrox manager is in line to use his contacts in the country to formalise a players arrangement after leading Santos Laguna to the Mexican title during his stint in the country.Chivas chief executive Jose Luis Higuera was given a tour of Rangers’ training ground at Auchenhowie by Caixinha before the pair had dinner in Glasgow.

The Chivas chief shared his pictures of the meeting on his personal Twitter account and said: “I have started a great relationship with Rangers FC. I had a great dinner and learned a lot about football.”

The comments appear to suggest that Caixinha has set the ball rolling for a formal sharing of ideas and players between the two teams.

Club Deportivo Guadalajara, known as Chivas, have won their title 12 times and are known for only playing Mexican players.

Higuera is regarded as one of the most influential men in Mexican football. He is also CEO of Ominilife Chivas group, which owns the club.

Rangers signed two Mexicans this summer, with Carlos Pena arriving from Chivas and Eduardo Herrera also sealing a transfer.

Looks rather Mexican to me ... and they are a bit off-pace after 7 league matches.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/deportivo-guadalajara/startseite/verein/6711

Anyway, Mexico is a good market for talented footballers and while I can't really see it, maybe we can become a similar stepping stone for Mexicans into Europe as Porto is for South Americans.

Anyway, Mexico is a good market for talented footballers and while I can't really see it, maybe we can become a similar stepping stone for Mexicans into Europe as Porto is for South Americans.

We have greater work permit issues so it's possibly not going to be that easy.

If UEFA had any guts, it wouldn't be as easy for the Spanish and Portuguese teams either ...

But as I said, I really can't see it right now and probably blown a bit out of proportion by the media.

NB: Of course, our players won't go over, given their "transfer policy".

Edited by der Berliner

We have greater work permit issues so it's possibly not going to be that easy.

it won't be right enough. They'll have to had games at international level . Up until now any player with EU nationality is exempt,

and a lot of players from both Americas have dual nationality so can play in the EU. That won't apply to us in 2 years time

also adapting to our game in Scotland can be difficult

any who come here will be hoping to be noticed by the English leagues Eldorado...

Edited by colinstein