Peter Lawwell takes his place on ECA executive board

Celtic chief Peter Lawwell takes his place on ECA executive board alongside some of European football’s biggest powerbrokers, including Manchester United’s Ed Woodward and Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu

Lawwell was elected to the European Club Association’s executive board – and also appointed to the Professional Football Strategy Council

CELTIC chief executive Peter Lawwell has met with some of European football’s biggest power brokers in Geneva.

He took his place at the game’s top table alongside the likes of Arsenal’s Ivan Gazidis, Manchester United’s Ed Woodward and Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu.

Lawwell also spent time with PSG’s CEO Nasser Al-Khelaifi, whose side come to Glasgow to face the Hoops in the Champions League a week today.

United legend Edwin van der Sar – now Ajax’s chief executive – was also at the*European Club Association (ECA) meeting

The powerful group’s Swiss summit was attended by representatives of 162 member clubs and saw Juventus president Andrea Agnelli appointed chairman.

Lawwell, already on the organisation’s executive board, was elected to the Professional Football Strategy Council (PFSC).

Agnelli said: “My predecessor, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, has set a great example and has set the bar of achievements at a very high level.

“I am looking forward, together with the Executive Board and the Administration, to build on his significant results as we manage ECA in the coming years.“It is a huge honour and a great responsibility the European clubs have entrusted me with.

“I am looking forward to working closely with all stakeholders within the game in order to protect, promote and develop club football at all levels across Europe.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1518809/celtic-peter-lawwell-european-football-manchester-united-ed-woodward-barcelona/