Rangers Observer: Club 1872 right on Lennon

August 15, 2017

By Tom Macintyre*| Guest Contributor

This is apparently a controversial opinion in some corners of the echo chamber that is Twitter but Club 1872 were absolutely correct to raise the behaviour of Neil Lennon at Ibrox on Saturday. The reaction of much of the Scottish press pack to the incident has completely vindicated the statement put out on Sunday despite the misgivings of some Rangers fans.

https://www.rangersobserver.com/views/2017/8/14/club-1872-right-on-lennon

No matter what the Celtic-compliant press do, I still find it baffling that Lennon still gets the support he does.

It doesn't take a master investigator to look back at stories on him - cheating on partners whilst pregnant, threatening women with knives, fighting in the street, attacking referees, foul and abusive language, fighting on the pitch - and all at multiple clubs. Why is it that he gets so much protection? Does being a Rangers-hater really give you carte-blanche to do whatever you please and you will get roundly supported as some kind of victim?

When was lennon ever pregnant?

But seriously, he is admired by many because they would like to be like him. Cheating, fighting, swearing, they've all got it in them but can't bring themselves to do it hence adulation for somebody who does.

Cooponthewing, the psychology guy, will tell me if I'm reading right.

When was lennon ever pregnant?

But seriously, he is admired by many because they would like to be like him. Cheating, fighting, swearing, they've all got it in them but can't bring themselves to do it hence adulation for somebody who does.

Cooponthewing, the psychology guy, will tell me if I'm reading right.

He is a guttersnipe with anger management issues.

He is admired by guttersnipe, who see him as some kind of alpha guttersnipe.

He is defended by those who should know better.

I mentioned this in another thread....

Is there or has there ever been ANYONE in Scottish football that has been involved in sooooo much (continued) controversy over the years, either as player or manager???

Nowhere near. Even only a few months ago there was a video of him threatening boincers in Glasgow. Obviously that wasn't well reported. He is a pleb.