Scotsman clarification RE: EBTs

Someone on this forum proposed that any retraction should be placed on the same page with same size of font as the original statement. That was a great idea I thought. However, even then it will not prevent the obsessed ones believing what they want to.

They SHOULD be made more prominent, otherwise it's a pointless, box-ticking exercise.

Quick note to confirm that despite Tom English's trolling today, the Scotsman deputy editor made it clear to me via email that they consider Rangers' use of EBTs were lawful and their correction regarding one of their writer's false claims to the contrary was published in good faith.

I do think Mr Walker was angry with his former colleague's mischief-making but that's a personal opinion - not an expert one.

Edited by Frankie

Quick note to confirm that despite Tom English's trolling today, the Scotsman deputy editor made it clear to me via email that they consider Rangers' use of EBTs were lawful and their correction regarding one of their writer's false claims to the contrary was published in good faith.

I do think Mr Walker was angry with his former colleague's mischief-making but that's a personal opinion - not an expert one.

He has probably heard of the Record ban and (a) doesn't want the same and (b) maybe pick up some of the Records readers.

How many times must Rangers and Rangers supporters administer a sound thrashing to Ewing Grahame?

Sacked from the Herald a dozen years past because of odious behaviour on a returning team flight from Stuttgart after Rangers CL match. I make the Scotsman's correction to be the fourth occasion that a newspaper has had to publish an apology/correction to Rangers because of Bitter Ewing in the intervening years. I believe he is freelance, why any blatt takes his copy reference our club is beyond me.

Once they are proven to lie 3 times they should be banned forever from ibrox.

And thats being very generous.

Edited by the gunslinger