Cardoso: “I have never seen anything like [the fans] anywhere in the world.

FABIO CARDOSO admits he is loving life in Light Blue as Rangers look to hit the ground running in the Premiership this term.

The defender has enjoyed an impressive start to his Ibrox career as he has made an immediate impact at the heart of the Gers back four.

He started alongside compatriot Bruno Alves at Hillsborough last weekend as Pedro Caixinha’s side rounded off their pre-season schedule with a 2-0 win over Sheffield Wednesday.

The trip to Fir Park on Sunday will see Rangers face Motherwell in their first league outing of the campaign.

And Cardoso is determined to give the Light Blue legions something to shout about as he continues to settle into his new surroundings.

“I know and everybody can see that the team is getting solid and we are understanding what the coach wants from us,” he told the Official Rangers Podcast.

“We are improving game by game, step by step and we are ready for Sunday.

“I have no words [about Alves]. For me, he is very good, one of the best defenders of my country, he is very experienced and very talented.

“I know and I feel that I will learn a lot with him. For me to play with him is very good.

“It is a beautiful city. The weather is not like Portugal but it is good to play football and our supporters are from another world, I have never seen anything like them.

“I am very happy and I will do my best to make history together.

“I have never seen anything like [the fans] anywhere in the world. It is amazing and I am very happy to be at Rangers and be part of the family. We will do our best to make them proud.

“[The Motherwell game] is the most important one of the season because it is the next [game].

“We are very confident, we work very good and we go to Motherwell to win.”

"Beautiful City"

Got his lodgings in Edinburgh?

Glasgow, architecturally, is far superior to Edinburgh. You have some of the finest examples of Victorian architecture in the U.K. never mind Scotland. The City Centre and West End is miles ahead of anything Edinburgh has to offer. Plus the Southside has some of the most amazing areas of affluence that is often overlooked.

But Edinburgh has a castle.

Glasgow, architecturally, is far superior to Edinburgh. You have some of the finest examples of Victorian architecture in the U.K. never mind Scotland. The City Centre and West End is miles ahead of anything Edinburgh has to offer. Plus the Southside has some of the most amazing areas of affluence that is often overlooked.

But Edinburgh has a castle.

I was born and grew up within a 5 minute walk of the Art galleries. It was our playground very often and a place to chat up burds. There used to be grass behind the Arties,that was young Hampden and the grass at the side was young Wembley. That was until the Parkey chased us.:) We didn't know what an I-pad was in those days it was jackets down and pick 2 teams.

I was born and grew up within a 5 minute walk of the Art galleries. It was our playground very often and a place to chat up burds. There used to be grass behind the Arties,that was young Hampden and the grass at the side was young Wembley. That was until the Parkey chased us.:) We didn't know what an I-pad was in those days it was jackets down and pick 2 teams.
My dad grew up on blantyre st. Probably a good 10 yeas before you hes 72 now.

The castle in Embra is no big architectural deal but the New Town is. Not much better than Glasgow's best but a little bit.

I would never call Glasgow beautiful. Impressive, yes and in its commercial heyday a more vibrant place than Edinburgh any day of the week.