Yesmith or Naismith?

Just noted this on FF ....

Originally Posted by tamforsyth

I will post this for the last time because some posters are not getting it.

Duff and Duffer did not want the fee for Steven. They had the offer and rejected it.

Rangers reject West Brom offer for Steven Naismith

By Chris McLaughlin Senior Football Reporter, BBC Scotland, 3 April 2012

Rangers have turned down an offer from Premier League side West Bromwich Albion for forward Steven Naismith.

West Brom made made an undisclosed bid for the Scotland international, who has not played since October because of knee ligament damage.

The 25-year-old former Kilmarnock player is under contract at Ibrox until May 2015.

Rangers' administrator has set a Wednesday deadline for takeover offers for the club.

After entering administration, Rangers players and management agreed to temporary wage cuts in order to ease the financial burden on the club and help stave off compulsory redundancies.

Two players, wingers Gregg Wylde and Mervan Celik, also negotiated the termination of their contracts.

Wylde has since signed for Bolton Wanderers, while Celik has returned to his previous club, GAIS in Sweden.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/17602018

Didn't remember Naismith being out for more than half of that fateful season. Why Duff and Phelps declined that fee is anyone's guess.

BTW, TamForsyth is one of the ITK posters saying that we are talking to him.

Edited by der Berliner

I'm assuming there would be no place in the team for Miller if Naismith joined. As I've said more than a few times, I'm a fan of Miller's work rate but not his positioning or touch. I presume he's only in the team until other signings are match fit. If Naismith joins, I can't see how Miller will get any games again. I wonder how he feels about that.

Naismith is a good player, but I've not seen enough of him recently to suggest he's better than what we have for those positions. Anyone else seen him over the past year?

Just noted this on FF ....

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/17602018

Didn't remember Naismith being out for more than half of that fateful season. Why Duff and Phelps declined that fee is anyone's guess.

BTW, TamForsyth is one of the ITK posters saying that we are talking to him.

Because duff and phelps were under instructions to hand us back to whyte intact.

Green was desperate for them to go. Of course he couldnt say that or he could have been in trouble but it was clear enough.

Not quite GS.

Green regarded all the players as his property. His plan was to take over everything without promising the players anything . That's why the players union got involved. Green failed to make any contact whatsoever with anybody inside Ibrox. The players didn't know whether they'd be getting paid that month.

Greens statement to the media that he'd sue any player refusing to TUPE didn't help either. His time was spent trying to raise finance and hawking any player worth money to any team willing to listen.

I was being told hour by hour what was happening and truth be told, couldn't really believe it.

Had those players remained they would have been sold - with absolutely NO benefit to Rangers or the fans.

If he wanted them to stay he would have spoken to them. He didnt have the money to pay them if they moved across.

Tupe is clear they would have moved across on the same contracts.

He was trying to sell anything he could and tberes no way rangers would have benefited.

Edited by the gunslinger

If he wanted them to stay he would have spoken to them. He didnt have the money to pay them if they moved across.

Tupe is clear they would have moved across on the same contracts.

He was trying to sell anything he could and tberes no way rangers would have benefited.

He didn't speak to them simply because he felt there was need to. He'd been assured they were his property there to be sold at the first instance. That was his master plan. Had he succeeded he would not have had to have Ashley so involved.