Statement from Linfield Football Club

This is a support who created issues with an Israeli team over matters that should be of little or no concern to them. I don't have a single doubt that their poisonous terrorist supporting following could create havoc in a place and at a specific time heavily intertwined with their major terror linked obsession.

Their number one obsession is Rangers but this is a close second. Their board know this is a PR disaster waiting to happen which might even be the last straw for a UEFA who have consistently disciplined them. I can scarcely imagine their yahoo followers going there without some sort of incident either before, during, or following the game.

We believe that the board is more concerned with protecting the brand

You think Einstein? And that's a bad thing? Apparently so. Protecting the brand at the cost of preventing them doing what they do to get UEFA involved is obviously beyond the pale.

It is a very sad and strange turn of events when the custodians of our own club do not want the world famous Celtic support backing the team in a ‘crucial’ away match

Ever wondered what they're world famous for Einstein? Consult the Israelis, UEFA, and others for clues on that. You will find it's not for footballing reasons.

Edited by JFK-1

Joe Miller apologises to Linfield over claims he was targeted by fans at Windsor Park

Miller last week conducted an interview with Scottish daily newspapers where he recalled an incident during a friendly game for Aberdeen in the 1990s.

ByGordon Parks

18:03, 27 JUN 2017

Devastated Joe Miller has apologised to Linfield Football Club for claiming he was targeted by fans at Windsor Park.

The former Celtic star last week conducted an interview with Scottish daily newspapers at a charity football match launch where he recalled an incident during a friendly game for Aberdeen in the 1990s.

Miller recalled a tale of a match in Belfast and claimed “there were red dots on us for the whole 90 minutes”. He wrongly believed the match had taken place at Windsor Park.

Miller also claimed he and several team-mates had been abused outside a pub near the ground. The Daily Record contacted Miller after the interview to clarify his claims and he insisted it wasn’t a friendly but a training game with no official result.

Miller admits his regret over the furore and insists his remarks weren’t intended to offend.

He said: “During an interview last week with several members of the Scottish press I recounted an event but I got the grounds mixed up. I realise that now. I mistakenly thought it was Windsor Park but it wasn’t.

“This event occurred over 25 years ago and my memory has let me down. I apologise to Linfield football Club for any offence taken. These comments weren’t intended to be a slight on the club or their fans.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/joe-miller-apologises-linfield-over-10698496?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

I apologise to Linfield football Club for any offence taken. These comments weren’t intended to be a slight on the club or their fans.”

Care to tell us what it was intended to be Joe?

Now watch this latest fake news fiasco be swept under the carpet. He is "devasted" so is obviously the victim in all this. No questions shall be asked as to what his motives for these lies are.

He said: “During an interview last week with several members of the Scottish press I recounted an event but I got the grounds mixed up. I realise that now. I mistakenly thought it was Windsor Park but it wasn’t.

“This event occurred over 25 years ago and my memory has let me down. I apologise to Linfield football Club for any offence taken. These comments weren’t intended to be a slight on the club or their fans.”

Translated:

"I told a bunch of lies"

"The Scottish press does not care and neither do I"