Lorenzo Amoruso believes Portugal veteran Bruno Alves is in prime shape

LORENZO AMORUSO believes Bruno Alves is in prime shape to lead Pedro Caixinha’s Rangers revolution.

The veteran Portuguese defender will link up with the Ibrox side after the Confederations Cup.

Former Gers stopper Amo kept an eye on Alves at Cagliari last season and expects him to adapt easily to Scottish football.

He said: “I watched Bruno for Cagliari last season and although he is getting older, his body is in good shape.“I have no idea exactly how long he will keep playing for but right now, he looks in great condition.“He is a strong defender. He is very good in the air and I think he will enjoy the physical nature of Scottish football.

“His experience will be vital for Rangers. They need someone strong at the back and he is a leader.“Bruno has been at top clubs in his career and he will be a big influence inside the dressing-room.

“The players will look up to him and I think it was a wise move from Caixinha to sign him.“Bruno will help in terms of communication too. He will be able to get the manager’s message across.“With so many new players from Portugal and Mexico, it can be hard to integrate the squad.“But Bruno will be a big help for the Rangers manager and I expect him to become a major player for Rangers.”

Amo doesn’t know too much about the other Rangers signings — but believes that Caixinha’s judgement must be backed.

He said: “The new manager has signed a lot of players that he knows and you can understand that.“He is trying to make changes and get his message across, so it’s natural that he looks to players that he has worked with.“The Mexican players are internationalists and have good reputations. They will all be talented and it’s just a case of getting them working as a team.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1194130/rangers-legend-lorenzo-amoruso-believes-portugal-veteran-bruno-alves-is-in-prime-shape-to-lead-pedro-caixinhas-revolution/