RFC negotiate new 12 month retail deal with Sports Direct

A commitment to recommend the deal to the fans?

SD should make much more under the new deal than the old so although they're giving up percentages, it should benefit them.

However you're right to be cautious, but surely in the law of averages, something has go in our favour for once!

very true surely we have had our share of conmen and bad decisions!!

It feels weird to think we have normal operations and fans can go back to being just fans instead of lawyers,stock brokers, accountants and detectives??

I fear that folk may be over-analysing this....

Possible way forward....both RFC & SD order stock directly from Puma. SD sell through their outlets, RFC through theirs. SD provide logistic and retail assistance where/when required and also a little bit extra from Megastore sales to sweeten the overall deal for them.

Ultimately, the proof of the deal with come via the next applicable accounts.

but surely in the law of averages, something has go in our favour for once!

Hopefully the tide is turning at last after all the heartache over these past years and maybe now everything is starting to fall into place. I think we got our new manager in place at an opportune time giving him the chance to have a couple of months watching the squad in action including games against the main opposition.

We appear to be having a good transfer window with the incoming players being a significant increase in quality and now this new deal. Give me a good performance along with a real thrashing of Niederkorn next week making the away league a formality and I will really start to believe.

Must the club and SD agree on prices? Would it be possible for price in megastore to be different than at SD store?

There's a contract in place Bear. I doubt that one would be able to sell jerseys cheaper than the other.

Over on planet tim, the deal was to allow SD to get rid of thousands of unwanted jerseys as they knew that trying to sue Rangers would tip us over the edge and lead to admin. :laugh2:

I fear that folk may be over-analysing this....

Possible way forward....both RFC & SD order stock directly from Puma. SD sell through their outlets, RFC through theirs. SD provide logistic and retail assistance where/when required and also a little bit extra from Megastore sales to sweeten the overall deal for them.

Ultimately, the proof of the deal with come via the next applicable accounts.

Puma are only involved in the strip not the merchandise. Merchandise is ordered through SD suppliers that's what they bring to the table.

As you say the accounts will need to be watched to gauge the real benefit if any