Football reforms: Scrapping 45-minute half to be debated at Ifab

If there is no time wasting at all then does the game last less than 90 minutes? That would be daft.

I suspect they may be looking at a whole range of options but may proceed with one or two. I would be happy with stopping the clock at major points for example goal celebrations and penalty kicks but would keep it at that. Passing to yourself at a free kick seems OK as well - a bit like a tap penalty in rugby and it could well be fairer where professional fouls often allow defenders to regroup and advantage is lost. It could speed the game up

I wouldn't change the 45 to 30 but need more transparency over injury time. It seems to be potentially corrupt on occasion so linking the stadium clock to the referees seems sensible.

Clarification of handball would be welcome. I would apply it for any instance of ball to hand where the defender got an advantage.

Not sure about the keeper saving a penalty then it becomes a bye-kick that means the team who fouled getting an advantage.

Stopping the clock for serious injury and substitutions should have been done long ago, to allow the correct amount of added time, and the allowing of offending teams to set up a "wall" should also be scrapped as again it allows the offenders an advantage.

For throw ins kick outs etc. all clubs should have to have at least six spare balls spread around the pitch to be used when ball that has gone out of play is not readily available.

Called the referee?

:D

No, not the referee, let him umpire the match, a timekeeper, with a klaxon, in the stand, like many other team sports, to keep the time, and to signal half time, and full time.

The referee could call for 'time outs' , and book players for 'time wasting', although properly implemented changes would mean no advantage accruing to the time waster(s).