Gers Confirm Dalcio

Sebo sounded exciting too. We know virtually nothing of this kid so I won't be getting over-excited at some commentary from the boss who signed him and is obliged to talk him up at this point.

Prove it on the pitch where it counts, not in the words of an article where it means nothing.

There is nothing wrong with talking up a signing at all and getting positive after how many years dealing with the likes of Kyle. Jeez no pleasing some!

There is nothing wrong with talking up a signing at all and getting positive after how many years dealing with the likes of Kyle. Jeez no pleasing some!

It is exciting!, the fact PC is bringing in more quality players than we have, so aye we are entitled to be excited, a new signing gives an interview, what else can he/they say?, however they do have to walk the walk!.

It is exciting!, the fact PC is bringing in more quality players than we have, so aye we are entitled to be excited, a new signing gives an interview, what else can he/they say?, however they do have to walk the walk!.

Unfortunately, we don't know that for sure until we see them play. While it's true that we are paying considerably more than we have the past few years, that is no guarantee of increased quality - £1.8m for Garner???

Unfortunately, we don't know that for sure until we see them play. While it's true that we are paying considerably more than we have the past few years, that is no guarantee of increased quality - £1.8m for Garner???

It is still exciting!, we all know every signing is a gamble!

Expected same from Dodoo who so far has dissapointed but he was MW signing.

Time to lay off Garner's back(also a MW signing) but who seems to be rated by Pedro so time will tell.

My big worry about some of the signings is being able to say their names:laugh2:

You should know me better than that Gribz. I'm a positive guy.

I don't mind people being excited but talk of "better quality players than we already have" is completely unproven at this point, Alves aside. People are lapping up what Pedro says as if it is gospel.... some being the same people who saw through Warburton's continual guff now gush over every word Pedro says and believe it all - to be fair he hasn't said anything YET to not believe.

I would have thought that after last year, particularly with JFK-1 (no offense my friend), talking about how we had a team and a squad to challenge Celtic... which then had to change to "we will finish secondcomfortably" and ultimately became "European football was always the target".... my point is we shouldn't get too carried away until we see whether they are decent or not on the pitch. Games and trophies aren't won in press conferences, they are won on the pitch.

I'm as excited as the next person about us signing players, especially in positions we know are of weakness. But talking them up as excellent players is premature IMHO, again Alves aside who we know plenty about.

Expected same from Dodoo who so far has dissapointed but he was MW signing.

Time to lay off Garner's back(also a MW signing) but who seems to be rated by Pedro so time will tell.

My big worry about some of the signings is being able to say their names:laugh2:

To be fair to Dodoo he hasn't been given a real chance of say 6-8 run of games. Flashes of class at Firhill and Pittodrie say he should have had more pitch time.

You should know me better than that Gribz. I'm a positive guy.

I don't mind people being excited but talk of "better quality players than we already have" is completely unproven at this point, Alves aside. People are lapping up what Pedro says as if it is gospel.... some being the same people who saw through Warburton's continual guff now gush over every word Pedro says and believe it all - to be fair he hasn't said anything YET to not believe.

I would have thought that after last year, particularly with JFK-1 (no offense my friend), talking about how we had a team and a squad to challenge Celtic... which then had to change to "we will finish secondcomfortably" and ultimately became "European football was always the target".... my point is we shouldn't get too carried away until we see whether they are decent or not on the pitch. Games and trophies aren't won in press conferences, they are won on the pitch.

I'm as excited as the next person about us signing players, especially in positions we know are of weakness. But talking them up as excellent players is premature IMHO, again Alves aside who we know plenty about.

Totally get they have to go walk the walk but after years of signing poor players in a team under Ally which wasn't pleasing on the eye we are now bringing in players again who should fit the system and its going to be interesting hence exciting. Don't get me wrong - after the last OF game I even wondered about Pedro and that was going by what I seen two weeks in a row versus Celtic so if these players are awful I will be the first to say it.

The part I mentioned about Dalcio was that I was looking forward to an exciting winger again - a position where we have had sheer class but recently been poor. McKay isn't an out and out winger, O Hallaran hasn't cut the mustard and Templeton was a failure so Im hoping this kid can be electric.

I would have thought that after last year, particularly with JFK-1 (no offense my friend), talking about how we had a team and a squad to challenge Celtic... which then had to change to "we will finish secondcomfortably" and ultimately became "European football was always the target"

I don't recall saying last season that we would be challenging for the title but I did say a second place finish. And the mention of Europe always having been the target wasn't my statement it was the statement of King when he took over in which he said that may initially be Europa league. And he has delivered that.

This season i'm saying we could be challengers but as you rightly say we haven't even seen the team play yet. I'm simply guesstimating this team to be far superior to last years team. And last years team was so far behind not because of defeats to them but because of dropping points all over the place to the rest of the dross starting on the very first day. We only need to stop doing that to be challenging.