The Rangers Observer launched today

https://www.rangersobserver.com/info/

The Rangers Observer June 5, 2017

There is clearly a big recruitment drive underway this summer as Pedro Caixinha shapes his own team and squad to challenge next year. He’s being backed by the Rangers board and Chairman, Dave King and there is money available for wages and fees.

This has predictably led to the Scottish press linking us with every former player who can still walk and rehashing some old favourites, so we thought a quick roundup of where we are on the transfer front would be helpful for fans.

Having already signed Bruno Alves and Ryan Jack it has been a positive start to the transfer window. Below we take a look at various players who have been linked with us as possible summer targets.*

Steven Naismith: Never of any interest at all to the new manager although clearly his agent, a few press pals and former teammates have tried very hard to get him the move. An improvement in terms of quality from last year but would have come with question marks around injuries and bad memories of the worst press conference a Rangers player could have taken part in following administration in 2012. File under wishful thinking from the player and his agent.*

Vladimir Weiss: Another one that has been doing the rounds although mainly on social media. He certainly hasn’t done anything to discourage Rangers fans from thinking it might be happening. It’s not and there has never been any interest from Rangers.*

Steven Whittaker: Eh……no. Are you mad?*

Allan McGregor: Stop it.*

Carlos Pena: The Mexican midfielder completed his medical last week and has flown back to Mexico. He will join subject to a work permit for a fee in the region of £2.5m. For the benefit of some online experts, we’d like to stress that Mexico is not in South America...

Fabio Cardoso: The Portuguese centre-half will sign from Vitoria Setubal – subject to a medical and for a fee in the region of £1.5m.*

Dalcio: The Benfica winger will sign on a one-year loan deal following a medical. Both he and Cardoso have been on the ground in Glasgow since Sunday.

Eduardo Herrera: The Mexican striker is in Glasgow and will join subject to a medical and work permit for a fee in the region of £800k. He’s also not South American because, well, Mexico.*

Kevin McDonald: We were linked with the Fulham holding midfielder last year and the link was resurrected in the Scottish press over the weekend. It’s nonsense and there is absolutely no interest from Rangers. Most likely an agent at work.*

Graham Dorrans: There is definite interest from Rangers and talks are ongoing over an £800k transfer from Norwich. It remains to be seen if the fee can be agreed but the player is a Rangers supporter and would certainly like to come. There are other alternatives if this one doesn’t get over the line.

Daniel Candeias: Another one where talks are ongoing over a fee for the Benfica winger. Something in the region of £600k is likely to secure his services.

We’ll be keeping you updated through the summer with comings and goings from the squad. Pedro Caixinha will be delighted to have done a lot of early work on transfers as the squad returns to pre-season training but it’s expected there will now be a number of departures as he clears out players from last year. We also expect another two-to-three signings on top of those mentioned above.*

Edited by ian1964

Is this a genuinely well connected ITK website or just gossip retailers? Reason for saying that is that they announced Dalcio and Cardosa as done deals yesterday. I will read anything Rangers related outside of the MSM, but would be interested if they really do have some inside scope.

Is this a genuinely well connected ITK website or just gossip retailers? Reason for saying that is that they announced Dalcio and Cardosa as done deals yesterday. I will read anything Rangers related outside of the MSM, but would be interested if they really do have some inside scope.

Two or three of the posters on FF seem to be ITK as they have a high success rate. To be honest I even think the Record uses their information sometimes. It is not the first time they come with info and a few hours later it is on the Record site. They are never 100% right though as things can change.

Its a new venture from Shane Nicholson who headed up the CRO which has now been killed off. As I understand it, Shane is working with a group of other folks but I don't have a list of names. Essentially though, Shane may be based on the US, but is very well connected among our online support and as he works as a journalist himself, has good connections with some of the press guys here. He knows exactly how the press operate over here and is very good at calling out some of their more "creative" antics.

As for ITK info, he has helped to get a lot of information out there in recent years, particularly around the antics of Green and co, Media House and the variety of other characters we've had to endure.

I'm sure there will be some of the guys who were involved in the CRO working on this project with Shane. And if thats the case they will have a bit of fun with it - and lets face it there is plenty to laugh at when it comes to some of the mentalism our detractors get up to.

No idea mate!, I just seen it and thought it was worth posting, it may be worth checking in now and again just to see how accurate it is

Two or three of the posters on FF seem to be ITK as they have a high success rate. To be honest I even think the Record uses their information sometimes. It is not the first time they come with info and a few hours later it is on the Record site. They are never 100% right though as things can change.

Sorry I gave an answer without reading the opening post.

we'd like to reassure our readers that Sports Direct will not be that sponsor.

Probably goes without saying. Even if SD were to suddenly pony up a proper cut of the profits from shirt sales how many of us would still think twice about putting money into the coffers of poison Mike Arseley.