Lies, Damned Lies & Invincibles

What depresses me is even if we wpn every ther game and got same of results we would still have lost the league.

I remember us going into the last game of a season when my dad had taken me to every home game (and started to take me to away ones) and we were unbeaten. As it happened we lost the last game but even had we won, we'd still have been second.

The standard that year is way beyond anything I've seen since, come to think of it.

I remember us going into the last game of a season when my dad had taken me to every home game (and started to take me to away ones) and we were unbeaten. As it happened we lost the last game but even had we won, we'd still have been second.

The standard that year is way beyond anything I've seen since, come to think of it.

Perchance 67-68 season?

We lost the last game of the season versus Aberdeen at Ibrox, 2-3.

Perchance 67-68 season?

We lost the last game of the season versus Aberdeen at Ibrox, 2-3.

Yes, that's the one. Extraordinary standard in Scotland in those days when compared to now.

I was at that match against the sheep Steve and think you may well be wrong.

We lost that match and a few days later the manks played their last game of the season against Dunfermline.

Even at that stage I recall the commentator saying that if Dunfermline won 15-0 Rangers would win the league.

It was a few years ago so maybe my mind is playing tricks.

Cheers Boabie. I looked it up - they won by 2 points and 23 goals so even if we had won that last game we'd still have been second (unless we'd won by over 20 goals) = or am I making a mistake?

Cheers Boabie. I looked it up - they won by 2 points and 23 goals so even if we had won that last game we'd still have been second (unless we'd won by over 20 goals) = or am I making a mistake?

If we'd won our match we'd have been +2 points.

Then if Dunfermline had beaten or drawn with the manks we'd have won the league.

Edit - beer may play a part in the above.

Edited by boabie

Ah, we were talking at cross purposes. I wasn't including the possibility of the Dunfermline result being different. If we had won perhaps that would have put pressure on the timz and they would have fallen at the last hurdle. I doubt it though, sadly.