2017/18 fixture release day confirmed

I'm hoping for an opening day home game like last time. But not the same result as last time. Goes without saying the type of result I would prefer. I'm hoping we have played 6 Euro games by that time and made it into the Europa league play-off round but I foresee a problem for the opening SPL weekend prior to that play-off round.

SPL opening weekend is Saturday August 5th while the second leg of the Europa league third qualifying Round is Thursday August 3rd. Presuming our opening match would be put off till at least the Sunday but it's still not ideal. But then that's what we will be facing until at least Xmas if we make the Europa group stage.

First qualifying round

First leg: 29 June 2017

Second leg: 6 July 2017

Second qualifying round

First leg: 13 July 2017

Second leg: 20 July 2017

Third qualifying round

First leg: 27 July 2017

Second leg: 3 August 2017

Play-off round

First leg: 17 August 2017

Second leg: 24 August 2017

Group stage matchday one: 14 September 2017

It is almost certain that we will start our campaign away from home on Sunday 6th August, due to tv commitments, Europe commitments and the historical honour of the champions being awarded a home game first up to raise the league flag. Last year was different because timmy asked for a change so they could whore themselves off at a friendly in weekend 2, and also because we were also champions.