Bluebear54's GPL 2017/18 Discussion Thread

Perhaps have a monthly competition as well and the winner for that month gets 2 or 3 extra bonus points.

It would make it more interesting as there's something to try and go for, even if you're miles behind the leaders. It means a bit of extra work, but would create regular interest.

I like this suggestion. Monthly means you have a chance of winning something each month (we will need to come up with prizes,....) and keeps the interest longer.

Of course it is being negative. What part of being a fan and predicting a poor result for your team is not being negative? Especially so on a free "just-for-fun" wee competition on a supporters forum.

The joy of going to live sport, and football in particular, is that anything can happen on any given day. Every supporter going to every match has to go with that gut feeling that today is going to be our day, even if the opponents are better or our form is poor. I know you, like me, travel to every match. What is the point in going if you have no wee feeling that the Rangers are going to have one of those fantastic days from out of nowhere?

When thinking about your prediction in the predictor game, let that wee positive gut feeling out and type it onto the screen. You will feel so much better!

I couldnt cope with the guilt of knowing I took my team not to win, even in a freebie fun competition.

What's the chances of you letting a wee positive feeling about Miller out and typing it onto the screen ? :ninja:

Mine must have been signed in invisible ink.

We gave you a Gersnet polo shirt for finishing 2nd ? What the.... ??? We are celebrating not winning on Gersnet now ? We will be in the Record next for a sickening love-in celebrating mediocrity.

Sorry still don't agree. Sometimes I go with the feeling we're going to get gubbed and just hoping it won't be too bad. Sometimes you do get gubbed and sometimes you do better than expected witness the two games at Parkhead this past season.

I don't see being realistic as being negative.

I think you are being both. As was the case with me when I predicted a loss for us.

I believe we were both being realistic. However, I also believe we were both being negative. Neither is mutually exclusive.

I disagree with the early cut off time because I don't see predicting the team as part of predicting the result. I always make sure I check the team when I am OUTSIDE the stadium to ensure I have a signal and the ability to change FGS if necessary. Furthermore as JFK points out it puts those in different time zones at a disadvantage.

Being able to change the FGS once the team is announced puts those in a different time zone at a disadvantage.

Everyone is able to pick a FGS before the team is announced, whether earlier that day, or the day before, but not everyone is able to do so once the team is announced. It's skewing the competition to the few, like yourself, who have the time and ability to hear the team and change their pick.

Having a cut-off prior to the team being announced puts everyone on a level playing field.

Sorry still don't agree. Sometimes I go with the feeling we're going to get gubbed and just hoping it won't be too bad. Sometimes you do get gubbed and sometimes you do better than expected witness the two games at Parkhead this past season.

I don't see being realistic as being negative.

Rare old advert for positive thinking you are BH? Sometimes it's only hope, but we are football supporters. Hope can be all we have.

So, let me get this straight. There's a polo shirt up for grabs for the winner, right?!? Does that mean that the winner of this polo shirt gets to walk around wearing something that advertises the fact that you've predicted Rangers to lose? Doesn't seem right to me. It might as well be green with white hoops. ;-)

So, let me get this straight. There's a polo shirt up for grabs for the winner, right?!? Does that mean that the winner of this polo shirt gets to walk around wearing something that advertises the fact that you've predicted Rangers to lose? Doesn't seem right to me. It might as well be green with white hoops. ;-)

Come on mate let's not make this something it is not. The winner wins a Polo shirt with Gersnet on the breast. The winner is not forced to wear it and doesn't need to accept it if he doesn't want it. We don't ask money for participating. We do not ask money for being on the forum. This prize is paid for by Admin who are ordinary working guy's. What happened to the saying "never look a gift horse in the mouth."

We gave you a Gersnet polo shirt for finishing 2nd ? What the.... ??? We are celebrating not winning on Gersnet now ? We will be in the Record next for a sickening love-in celebrating mediocrity.

Come on mate let's not make this something it is not. The winner wins a Polo shirt with Gersnet on the breast. The winner is not forced to wear it and doesn't need to accept it if he doesn't want it. We don't ask money for participating. We do not ask money for being on the forum. This prize is paid for by Admin who are ordinary working guy's. What happened to the saying "never look a gift horse in the mouth."

I will be proud to wear my shirt for being Runner Up last year. May even post a picture.