Season ticket money all for the squad

I actually think that his statement that "all of our season ticket money will be invested in the football squad" is fairly meaningless.

I realised when I posted that, that it was a pretty disingenuous statement, the same way as he portrays share purchases as investment in the club.

I'm quite sure that he fully intended most folk to read it as the budget for buying players; but I'm equally sure that if he's challenged on it, he'll give the answer you have provided.

You guys are great at taking the wind out of the sails. I thought this was a fairly straight forward announcement that basically tells us that all the money will be invested into putting a decent team on the park, as opposed to paying off debts, etc. Can't we just accept it as that (albeit I can accept we need to scrutinise these announcements and hold them to account)? Now, if you don't mind, I'd like to get back to dreaming about the prospect of bringing in Alves (and others of a similar standard), before the reality kicks and I find out that we are actually signing Naismith again.

You guys are great at taking the wind out of the sails. I thought this was a fairly straight forward announcement that basically tells us that all the money will be invested into putting a decent team on the park, as opposed to paying off debts, etc. Can't we just accept it as that (albeit I can accept we need to scrutinise these announcements and hold them to account)? Now, if you don't mind, I'd like to get back to dreaming about the prospect of bringing in Alves (and others of a similar standard), before the reality kicks and I find out that we are actually signing Naismith again.

Nothing that Mr King says is ever straightforward.