Case against Green, Ashley and other ex Directors.

Some procedural matter, either very minor or something both sides are agreed on.

Having said that, it could be something momentous like one side or the other cavng in and agreeing to bring the case to an end. Unlikely, though, because the victors would be trumpeting their success.

From FF ...

An unopposed motion in the law is one where the other party or parties to the lawsuit do not fight against or counter your request. Here, a judge would not receive any opposition from the plaintiff after the defendant files a motion for summary judgment, leaving the judge little reason not to grant the defendant's motion.

Spoke to a solicitor and asked the question. He's not familiar with the case, but is sure that a motion being granted unopposed does not mean the case is over.

It may have been that a motion, say to obtain a relevant document was made, and has now been granted unopposed, so the case can now proceed. The motion could have been on a number of things, but the case goes on, unless it was a motion for judgement.

I'm quoting him from memory so may have the detail wrong, but the main thrust was that an unopposed motion like this allows the case to go ahead, rather than end.

I may be wrong but I can see that if Green and gang fight the case and lose then they will open themselves up to prosecution for fraud. In dropping the case or negotiating a middle way they could fore come that. Just an opinion not based on knowledge.

I may be wrong but I can see that if Green and gang fight the case and lose then they will open themselves up to prosecution for fraud. In dropping the case or negotiating a middle way they could fore come that. Just an opinion not based on knowledge.

The threshold in civil cases is balance of probability in criminal cases it's beyond reasonable doubt.

Most settlements in civil cases (out of court) are on the basis of no admission of liability, any settlement such as this action would normally have little or no bearing on any criminal cases.

I suspect in this instance the motion regards to expenses incurred when IIRC Rangers presented a motion in regards to certain documents then withdrew the motion after proceedings started, I'd be amazed if it was in relation to any settlement in the action against Charles green & others.

I just saw an article pointing out that the prosecution were now working to clarify that Whyte had secured and used ticketus money to seal the deal which in itself is apparently illegal. Only the owner of the club can conduct such transactions using a club asset like the season ticket sales and he was not the owner of the club when this deal was conducted.

There is surely no way out of that for him. http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-39868186

I just saw an article pointing out that the prosecution were now working to clarify that Whyte had secured and used ticketus money to seal the deal which in itself is apparently illegal. Only the owner of the club can conduct such transactions using a club asset like the season ticket sales and he was not the owner of the club when this deal was conducted.

There is surely no way out of that for him. http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-39868186

That is the allegation of fraud which he is currently facing at the high court today mate.

That is the allegation of fraud which he is currently facing at the high court today mate.

its new info

he had the ticketus money before he owned the club, allegedly

how was that possible?

its new info

he had the ticketus money before he owned the club, allegedly

how was that possible?

How was your extended holiday on the moon JH ? :razz:

It was always known that he got the money before owning the club mate. He couldn't have got us otherwise. Today saw the confirmation of the pension money used via Earley and Sykes [the guy mentioned in the "Men Who sold the Jerseys" programme]. Which all shows where the £375000 that supposedly went to Banstead from Rangers really ended up.