Planning for Next Season Underway

PLANNING for next season has already begun in earnest at Rangers and next week manager Pedro Caixinha will start making decisions on which of his players will stay or leave.

The Ibrox boss has studied his squad in depth and has promised to be completely up front and honest with his players when making the call on their futures.

He also revealed a number of the characteristics he wants any new players he recruits to have as he attempts to strengthen the squad for what he hopes will be a much more inspiring campaign next time around.

Speaking exclusively to RangersTV, he said: “First of all, we will look for men. Only men can take this job.

‘’Also, we need strong characters and strong personalities. We need a winning mentality, and, of course, we need quality players. We have been assessing for a long time and because I am someone who leads by example, I want all our players to know that I will shake his hand and say ‘thank you, but our time ends here,’, or I will say ‘let’s keep going.

“I will start those conversations maybe at the beginning of next week. As I always say though, we work until the last day and treat it like it’s the first one.

“We are professionals. Even for example, when I am about to end a contract my job is to do my very best until the end. You are still defending the badge and you still have a contract with the club. We are all professionals, we all live for football, we all live for Rangers and we all live for winning.”

YOU CAN WATCH PART TWO OF AN EXTENSIVE INTERVIEW BY CLICKING HERE

Caixinha also made it clear he will only seek players who he can trust to perform for him on a consistent basis, as well as players he knows.

He continued: “We say we only know the players when you really work with them on a daily basis. One thing is for sure, we have identified the needs and the characteristics which are really good as a starting point.

“But we want to reduce the risks – so what I am going to look for are players that I know, either from having worked with them before or because I have watched them playing on a regular basis.

“To play on a regular basis for Rangers I don’t need a player who is a 10 one time in a season, and in two other games he is a seven and in the rest of the games he is a three or a four. I want a guy that I can count on to be between a seven and a nine, but at least the minimum he is going to give to me is a seven.”

A number of players have already been identified by the manager, who added: “We have our list of targets. We are working on that and we are in the market, that much I can tell you. The club is willing to invest and we know where we can go with that sort of investment.

http://rng.rs/2qD9T9d

Edited by chilledbear

Is there any confirmation of a budget and where from,corporate holders are being offered 5% saving if they renew now rather than the due date.

Can't mske up my mind whither this points to an urgency to get funds in or not.

Can't give you official confirmation but I can promise to the best of my knowledge and I am happy once again to stick my neck out. £5m transfer budget with an increase to first team budget of 20% plus any income generated through sales. The only way that will not be what we do is if there is a buy out.

Can't give you official confirmation but I can promise to the best of my knowledge and I am happy once again to stick my neck out. £5m transfer budget with an increase to first team budget of 20% plus any income generated through sales. The only way that will not be what we do is if there is a buy out.

Buy out :shock:

Telling them they are not wanted, then expecting them to perform !! Not to sure about that.

Edited by chilledbear