Miller Speaks Out Against Ref

If Brown brought his elbow up deliberately which he did then it's violent conduct in the same as it's deliberate handball if your arms are in an unnatural position and the ball then strikes your raised arms.

Agreed it was a fantastic tackle. We need a player like that.

I take it your aware two footed and studs showing is an outlawed tackle BH? Maybe you should "reacquaint" yourself with the updated laws of the game? The tackle was a shocker.

If Brown brought his elbow up deliberately which he did then it's violent conduct in the same as it's deliberate handball if your arms are in an unnatural position and the ball then strikes your raised arms.

Agreed it was a fantastic tackle. We need a player like that.

I have just watched that tackle again BH. I'm not sure if this is a generational thing or not? However anywhere else in Europe that is at least a booking and perhaps a red.

You simply can't go flying in to tackles, ball or not, like that in this day and age. To say it was a "great tackle" may be correct, however it is "dangerous and reckless" also.

You can't do that in 2017. It dosnt matter what you "think" it should be, you can't tackle like that anymore.

It's 100% dangerous and reckless (endangering the player, ball or not) stonewall yellow, perhaps a red.

I take it your aware two footed and studs showing is an outlawed tackle BH? Maybe you should "reacquaint" yourself with the updated laws of the game? The tackle was a shocker.

Watch this video and tell me what is 2 footed about it. People have 2 feet he can't just saw one off. This was an excellent one footed challenge with no studs showing. Let us worry about our game and why we lost 5 goals and not this tackle.

I have just watched that tackle again BH. I'm not sure if this is a generational thing or not? However anywhere else in Europe that is at least a booking and perhaps a red.

You simply can't go flying in to tackles, ball or not, like that in this day and age. To say it was a "great tackle" may be correct, however it is "dangerous and reckless" also.

You can't do that in 2017. It dosnt matter what you "think" it should be, you can't tackle like that anymore.

It's 100% dangerous and reckless (endangering the player, ball or not) stonewall yellow, perhaps a red.

I disagree.

If you review the slowmo in the video Pete has just posted you will see it is a clear one footed tackle that directly wins the ball. It was dramatic but I don't think it was dangerous.

I also think this was a great tackle. The only reason a two footed tackle is considered a red card is because the player cannot retain control if he has two feet off the ground. If a player is out of control, it is deemded as reckless, if not dangerous play. The key to the challenge we are talking about here is control, and it would appear that the Celtic player is in control and able to withdraw his foot/leg if required.

I bet it hurt Miller when he was tackled, but that's just tough. A tackle has to be proportionate and controlled. For me, it was both and therefore not a foul, never mind worthy of any card.

Edited by Gaffer

Coop mate you are hanging on to an argument that is just not there. It was a good tackle. His back leg is bent and it is his toe that hits the ball. In Holland referees are actually being told to allow hard tackles to get it back away from indoor football and help with the continuity of the game. Holts tackle on Brown in the 1-1 game was a lot worse than this.

I also think this was a great tackle. The only reason a two footed tackle is considered a red card is because the player cannot retain control if he has two feet off the ground. If a player is out of control, it is deemded as reckless, if not dangerous play. The key to the challenge we are talking about here is control, and it would appear that the Celtic player is in control and able to withdraw his foot/leg if required.

I bet it hurt Miller when he was tackled, but that's just tough. A tackle has to be proportionate and controlled. For me, it was both and therefore not a foul, never mind worthy of any card.

Extremely well expressed IMO. Post of the day, factually accurate description of the tackle and the applicable law. Again i would suggest that if we had a defender who could tackle like that; we'd be eulogising him.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Extremely well expressed IMO. Post of the day, factually accurate description of the tackle and the applicable law. Again i would suggest that if we had a defender who could tackle like that; we'd be eulogising him.

If we had a defender like that, making a tackle similar to that, he would have been off. No questions asked after the pressure that was applied from the farmyard.

Anyway, it's all about about opinions. I still believe it's "reckless and dangerous" although on closer inspection I take back two footed to a degree. His studs were up though.

Concrete yellow perhaps a red imo.

Watch this video and tell me what is 2 footed about it. People have 2 feet he can't just saw one off. This was an excellent one footed challenge with no studs showing. Let us worry about our game and why we lost 5 goals and not this tackle.

I agree with not worrying about it and I only mentioned what I felt due to the thread. I worry about other things though. The constant pressure applied to officials from those in the SFA and those at the piggery is one of them for sure.

It goes without question they will be affected by it no matter what they say. Anyone would be, especially when they have families etc. We will get nothing from officials as they live in fear of "Gallowgate Pedro and his band of Blazers".

Edited by cooponthewing